How do i deal with chemistry? I am literally dying Watch

BULL14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have just started yr 12 and it seems soooooo hard. I want an A grade. but how?
i am doing Edexcel
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love how "literally" means "the opposite of literally" these days...
HurtfulHarold
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
idk about edexcel but for aqa the textbook is like the bible, for me at least. Perhaps ask someone what a good textbook for Chemistry edexcel would be, make sure it's the new spec, and that should help.
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
so i do AQA so its slightly different but the same thing still applies.
If you're bored do past paper question and consolidate your notes. it REALLY helps. Even better if you find a youtube channel covering the edexcel stuff.

I don't know how much crossover there is but i found this channel, E.Rintoul very helpful indeed for my chemistry AS. If you need an explanation of something though TSR wont mind explaining it, heck as long as AQA cover it ill hapilly help
ellleanor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BULL14)
I have just started yr 12 and it seems soooooo hard. I want an A grade. but how?
i am doing Edexcel
Asking for help is really important - I know nobody wants to be the person always mithering but at A level it's vital that you make sure you understand things as you go. My college offered an after school club to go to for extra help which was very useful - maybe see if your college has something similar .Another thing which really helped me was hiring a personal tutor for chemistry, although this can be expensive. In terms of revision I made notes as I went during the year using notes from class, the textbook, revision guide and sometimes the internet and ensure you do lottssss of past papers. Good luck; I hope it starts to click soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed