The Student Room Group

Guys i need your opinion...

Hello

Like guys what do you think of girls who are slightly overweight (but is on a diet), and who are shy and quiet and who are very insecure and struggle with mental health and past and present family issues??

Would you date a girl like that?? Or even be friends with a girl like that ??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Like guys what do you think of girls who are slightly overweight (but is on a diet)

Depends on the overall look, but fixing the issue is gud

and who are shy and quiet

I'd probably find a quieter girl a tad more approachable, seeing as I'm low key a pussy

and who are very insecure

Not sure tbh, it's not ideal having to reassure people like that a lot but I'd probably be inclined to do it anyway if I particularly liked the gal

and struggle with mental health and past and present family issues??

Would depend on the nature of the issues, really. Not sure I'd have the mental fortitude to date a psychopathic bulimic with a family who literally wants to murder them, for example.

The combination of all of those above things isn't ideal however still dateable providing there's other good redeeming qualities. So like if you were still hella pretty, your humour was on point, you were nice and your memes were dank af I'd possibly still be interested.

I'd be friends with any old prick so long as they're funny sometimes.

It sounds a lot like you need to work on ironing out a lot of your personal issues before worrying about chasing guys, sounds like it wouldn't end immensely well.
If you mean shy in a cute virgin way that's fine, and actually a type for quite a few people.
If you mean shy as in I'm doing 99% of the talking on a date, then no no no. I've met girls that are too shy to say anything more than 'yes' and 'no' when replying to questions.

I do feel sorry for shy girls though. They unintentionally make guys hate them because they give off that snobby-type attitude when they are actually too nervous to associate with people.
If I liked her then I would always give it a go.
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I'd probably find a quieter girl a tad more approachable, seeing as I'm low key a pussy

Not sure tbh, it's not ideal having to reassure people like that a lot but I'd probably be inclined to do it anyway if I particularly liked the gal

Would depend on the nature of the issues, really. Not sure I'd have the mental fortitude to date a psychopathic bulimic with a family who literally wants to murder them, for example.

The combination of all of those above things isn't ideal however still dateable providing there's other good redeeming qualities. So like if you were still hella pretty, your humour was on point, you were nice and your memes were dank af I'd possibly still be interested.

It sounds a lot like you need to work on ironing out a lot of your personal issues before worrying about chasing guys, sounds like it wouldn't end immensely well.

Original post by Retired_Messiah

Thanks for that insight
Reply 5
Original post by StrwbrrySurvivor
If you mean shy in a cute virgin way that's fine, and actually a type for quite a few people.
If you mean shy as in I'm doing 99% of the talking on a date, then no no no. I've met girls that are too shy to say anything more than 'yes' and 'no' when replying to questions.

I do feel sorry for shy girls though. They unintentionally make guys hate them because they give off that snobby-type attitude when they are actually too nervous to associate with people.

I mean shy as in like i will say a little more than yea and no but i would be nervous and self conscious.

Aw and that is unfortunately very true.
If I liked her then I would always give it a go.

...regardless of whether she was shy and had mental health and family issues (I should add).
Reply 7
...regardless of whether she was shy and had mental health and family issues (I should add).

Aw i see but why dontother guys offline share this view though, im avoidedby everyone tbh
Hello

Hi

Like guys what do you think of girls who are slightly overweight (but is on a diet)

I like a bit of chub

and who are shy and quiet and who are very insecure

I prefer someone I can talk to for hours pretty easily

and struggle with mental health and past and present family issues??

Depends on the issues. I tend to stay away from that from bad experiences.

I mean, I may give it a shot, but I'd usually learn the deeper things after already dating someone, so it would probably just go to friends after learning some of this.
Reply 9
Original post by AlexFam
Hi

I like a bit of chub

I prefer someone I can talk to for hours pretty easily

Depends on the issues. I tend to stay away from that from bad experiences.

I mean, I may give it a shot, but I'd usually learn the deeper things after already dating someone, so it would probably just go to friends after learning some of this.

Hi tks fpr your opinion, apperciaye knowi what guys think. And with me anyway i try and outline what my.issues are if i see my friendsip wirh someone is going.well. Haye the fact though guys label me as that girl with the issues like why cant they just get to know me before lableing me :/
Hi tks fpr your opinion, apperciaye knowi what guys think. And with me anyway i try and outline what my.issues are if i see my friendsip wirh someone is going.well. Haye the fact though guys label me as that girl with the issues like why cant they just get to know me before lableing me :/

It sounds like you label yourself a lot, too. Mind if I ask what mental health issues you're struggling with?
Original post by AlexFam
It sounds like you label yourself a lot, too. Mind if I ask what mental health issues you're struggling with?

Maybe i do, but if your so use to others labeling you, you can not seem to help thinking that way.

I have depression, and a high chance i have Borderline personality disorder.
'A bit fat with mental health problems'... You're not really selling it there, are you?
Original post by Reality Check
'A bit fat with mental health problems'... You're not really selling it there, are you?

I know thats the thing but like i am on a diet now and exercising like crazy so that will change and the mental health i cant help
I know thats the thing but like i am on a diet now and exercising like crazy so that will change and the mental health i cant help

I think you need to try projecting some of your more positive qualities rather than listing the negatives. Might get better results that way.
Original post by Reality Check
I think you need to try projecting some of your more positive qualities rather than listing the negatives. Might get better results that way.

I dont even know my positive qualities though. But i get where you are coming from.
If we got on well then why not.

Hopefully 'slightly overweight' doesn't mean 90kg or something. :redface:

Don't wanna get crushed.
Maybe i do, but if your so use to others labeling you, you can not seem to help thinking that way.

I have depression, and a high chance i have Borderline personality disorder.

I could deal with depression or any of the usual neurotic disorders but not mixed with bpd, personally. My suggestion for you is to not focus on other people at this point and focus solely on yourself. You must feel awful, but this is my suggestion.
Original post by stefano865
If we got on well then why not.

Hopefully 'slightly overweight' doesn't mean 90kg or something. :redface:

Don't wanna get crushed.

Wish more thought that irl.

And im way less than that anyways.
Wish more thought that irl.

And im way less than that anyways.

Ah ok.

Let's have a baby then. :h:

Quick Reply