The Student Room Group

Reacting Masses and Volumes help????

1) A solution of hydrochloric acid of volume 25.0cm cubed was pipetted onto a piece of marble which is calcium carbonate. When all action has ceased, 1.30g of the marble has dissolved. Find the concentration of the acid.

2) What volume of 0.1mol dm -3 hydrochloric acid would be required to dissolve 2.3g of calcium carbonate.

3) 2.05g of the carbonate of an unknown alkali metal (X2CO3) required 8.9cm cubed of 2.0 mol dm-3 hydrochloric acid to completely dissolve it. What was the relative atomic mass of the metal and which metal was it?

4) 3.2g of hydrated sodium carbonate, Na2CO3.xH2O, was dissolved in water and the resulting solution was titrated against 1.0mol dm-3 hydrochloric acid. 22.4cm cubed of the acid was required. What is the value of x?

If you could do this in the whole c =, v =, n =, kind of format that would seriously be great. Chemistry is not my best subject I need all the help I can get to be honest.
Just use the formulas
mass=mr*n ............... mass of actual things eg 1.30g of the marble = mr which is relative atomic mass / formula mass , n= moles
n=cv ............. Moles = Concentration in moldm3 * volume in dm3
eg 10(cm3) = 10*10-3(dm3)
I would do all of the questions for you but have to go to lesson now lol good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest