Second degree in Nursing

    • Thread Starter

    I recently graduated with a BA (Hons) and I'm looking to further my education into nursing. I've looked at applying for several undergraduate nursing courses since I haven't met the entry requirements to apply for a Masters in Nursing course.

    Would a second undergraduate degree in nursing be exempt from the student finance guidelines? Would I get my tutition fees paid for and also a maintenance loan?

    Hi there.

    Currently these courses can still be funded as second degrees.

    As the rules for NHS courses may change, as of 17/18 this may not be the case. New regulations will be announced around the start of next year.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.