Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone ever been ARRESTED? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here ever had their collar felt? I was nicked last week for a fight outside a club and got a caution. Its my first offence and was wondering how long it sits on my file and if there are any long term implications? Im just not too sure what it means.

On my best behaviour now though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigley)
    Anyone on here ever had their collar felt? I was nicked last week for a fight outside a club and got a caution. Its my first offence and was wondering how long it sits on my file and if there are any long term implications? Im just not too sure what it means.

It could appear on any CRB check you have done for the next five years, possibly more depending the police force that arrested you. After those five years the caution should be removed from your record, although it may not be.

However, it will ultimately depend on what you were cautioned for as to whether it will appear on a criminal records check.

ReputationRep:
    I was once nearly arrested after a fight after a football match. A police man grabbed me and told me to stop being stupid

ReputationRep:

Aren't you a big man. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Aren't you a big man. :rolleyes:
    Thank you very much for that helpful comment your input is very much appreciated! You are in absolutely no position to comment on me personally as you do not know me in the slightest and have no idea about what actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a friend of mine has been done for ABH after a fight before (broke somebody's nose) and his record got wiped when he turned 18. That being said, he broke the person's nose when we were 15? I think. So it was more like his juvenile record finishing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thank you very much for that helpful comment your input is very much appreciated! You are in absolutely no position to comment on me personally as you do not know me in the slightest and have no idea about what actually happened.
    And yet you started the thread because...?

If we don't know what actually happened, how can we possibly know when your caution will be removed? Can't have it both ways.

ReputationRep:
    Oi, calm down or you'll have bigger problems on your hands than the police :hmmm:

And yes, I've been arrested Wasn't exactly in the best state of mind for a few months and eventually got busted for shoplifting. Meh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Oi, calm down or you'll have bigger problems on your hands than the police :hmmm:

And yes, I've been arrested Wasn't exactly in the best state of mind for a few months and eventually got busted for shoplifting. Meh...
    did tsr do a police check before giving you the job of mod? they should have then we wouldnt have all the problems in the cricket thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    Here's a funny one....

The coppers called me 2 days before I went off on my travels...

Pigs - "We need to interview you blah blah , can you come to the station"
    Me - "No, come here?"
    Pigs - "OK, see you in 2 hours".
    Me - "Fine"

They never turned until a week later, when I had left for my travels. They knocked on my door to find out I wouldn't be back for a year.

LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Never so much as talked to one... apart from asking one if I could take a photo of my mates in front of him in his riot van. He said no... we carried on with the photo anyway :p:
    ...I was very drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't risk getting arrested for something like a fight. They take all sorts of details and DNA nowdays, defo not worth it for some beef in a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy_Boi)
    Here's a funny one....

The coppers called me 2 days before I went off on my travels...

Pigs - "We need to interview you blah blah , can you come to the station"
    Me - "No, come here?"
    Pigs - "OK, see you in 2 hours".
    Me - "Fine"

They never turned until a week later, when I had left for my travels. They knocked on my door to find out I wouldn't be back for a year.

LOL.
    Hehheh, that'll learn 'em not to be tardy.

Probably throught you'd fled the country...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I was arrested for drinking and driving. Not recently though - that was in 1996.

ReputationRep:
    I got talked to by a policeman for riding my bike at night without lamps.

Hard. Core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)

Their fault for turning up a week later :p:

Seriously, how much dough nuts did they eat on the way? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)

Useless. They left my standing around for a few hours waiting for the dreaded knock.

Couldn't have happened at a better time though.

Accordingly all they said was... "erm...ok".

ReputationRep:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the first caution that you have received then it will remain on your file for 5yrs.. If a CRB check is conducted the caution you received WILL SHOW UP!! You must therefore declare it on all applications for employment.. If you fail to DECLARE IT and you subsequently offered a position on the basis that you do not have a criminal record - you can be arrested for obtaining a pecuinary advantage contrary to the Thefts Act 1968..

If you do not re-offend in the next five years then you can apply to have your record deleted... You must do this by applying to the Cheif Constable of the area in which the caution was issued.. The record is not automatically deleted in 5yrs time.. You must apply to the Cheif Constable to have this done.. Look up WEEDING RULES - in google..

Also, if you are applying for admittance to the BAR or ROLL - then you would be wise to apply after you have had your record deleted in five years time..

Any more questions.. let me know

Jay

ReputationRep:
    I've been threated with arrest and having the police dogs set on me after i ignored a policeman who was talking to me and carried on walking. My mates had nicked a bars sign that was down for repainting right outside Trent Bridge cricket ground about 3 years ago. I didnt actually do anything but a copper in a car spotted them and as i was near them so shouted at me to help them put it back but i was furious as i hadnt done anything so ignored him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    did tsr do a police check before giving you the job of mod? they should have then we wouldnt have all the problems in the cricket thread :p:
    Yes, I'm really THAT much of a threat that they'd need to check my criminal record before giving me mod powers...Christ... :rolleyes:

Oh, a few years before that, I was questioned by the police for supposedly counterfeiting £10 notes, but nothing ever came of that

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.