The Student Room Group

Anyone ever been ARRESTED?

Scroll to see replies

Dalimyr
Yes, I'm really THAT much of a threat that they'd need to check my criminal record before giving me mod powers...Christ... :rolleyes:

Oh, a few years before that, I was questioned by the police for supposedly counterfeiting £10 notes, but nothing ever came of that :smile:

Dalimyr I never had you down as a rouge. :wink:
Reply 21
i've never been troubled by the policemen... :smile:
Reply 22
Only once, for apparantly 'Drug Dealing from my car' back in 2005. Which i can safely say i have never done.. Didn't understand it myself.. but hey.
Reply 23
People have been known to say I have arresting eyes! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Arrested for shoplifting in Superdrugs when i was like 15. Got a reprimand. No idea if i have a criminal record. I know i havent been convicted though which is all employers ask. Police get my DNA forever, dam no major crime for me...
.Andrew., there's a difference between being pulled over and arrested/charged!? lol.
Reply 26
JamieBuckJack
If it is the first caution that you have received then it will remain on your file for 5yrs.. If a CRB check is conducted the caution you received WILL SHOW UP!! You must therefore declare it on all applications for employment.. If you fail to DECLARE IT and you subsequently offered a position on the basis that you do not have a criminal record - you can be arrested for obtaining a pecuinary advantage contrary to the Thefts Act 1968..

First year law student, I'm guessing? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Edit: Just checked your profile. Appears my powers of deduction are terrific.
Reply 27
Richy_Boi
.Andrew., there's a difference between being pulled over and arrested/charged!? lol.

Pulled over, arrested and taken to station. :frown:
Reply 28
Richy_Boi

In that instance i assume the suspicion was enough for the arrest , even if it followed with no charge... or later on charges are dropped.
Reply 29
~Kirsty~
In that instance i assume the suspicion was enough for the arrest , even if it followed with no charge... or later on charges are dropped.

Well according to them, my car number plate was caught on CCTV driving out of a well known drug dealers spot late at night. Wasn't charged, as i obviously don't deal drugs.

Secret is, the police have some sort of hatred towards me and my brother..

Which is fun.
.Andrew.
Well according to them, my car number plate was caught on CCTV driving out of a well known drug dealers spot late at night. Wasn't charged, as i obviously don't deal drugs.

Secret is, the police have some sort of hatred towards me and my brother..

Which is fun.

LOL Unlucky bud.

Ever upset one of the policeman's family? It happens. Corrupt swine.
Reply 31
Richy_Boi
LOL Unlucky bud.

Ever upset one of the policeman's family? It happens. Corrupt swine.

Lol, no, my brother has always been abusive towards them, and it wore off on me over the years..

nevermind hey..
Reply 32
unfortunate it would seem.

A little bit of abuse is different to drug dealing though! :biggrin:
I get quite mouthy when very drunk and unfortunately I got mouthy to the wrong people who then took me down the nick and fined me 80 quid.
Reply 34
Richy_Boi
Dalimyr I never had you down as a rouge. :wink:

I'm a rebel, really :p:
Nah, I don't even know how the hell my name came up in the whole counterfeiting thing. Was rather funny, though. If you look at a £10 note there's a little metallic strip down it; I was told that that strip was just pencilled in on the forged notes :rofl:
Nope. Most of my criminal demeanours were in my teens but never got arrested for them, just 'spoken to'.

Recently I was pulled over for speeding but I just had to take my documents into a police station rather than get a fine.
Reply 36
Nope And I don't plan to be either....
blone_bomb
Arrested for shoplifting in Superdrugs when i was like 15. Got a reprimand. No idea if i have a criminal record. I know i havent been convicted though which is all employers ask. Police get my DNA forever, dam no major crime for me...

Hiya

You mention above that at the age of 15 you received a police reprimand, moreover, that you are unsure as to whether you have a criminal record.

How old are you now?

The reason I ask is becuase YOUR record will still exist!! The Association of Cheif Police Officers published a document in which your circumstances are provided for:

ACPO: "Records containing police reprimands and final warnings

If there are police reprimands or final warnings but no convictions on the record, the reprimands and warnings will be retained until the offender has attained the age of eighteen years and for a minimum period of five years. After attaining the age of eighteen years and if no police reprimands or final warnings have been recorded for a period of five years, the record will be deleted."

In order to ascertain if your record still exists you will need to write to your Chief Constable.. You can do this by emailing him/her:

[email protected] (You will need to find out the name of the officer and the name of the force)

It is unusal for records to be deleted without you first submitting an application for this to the Cheif Constable.. Therefore, if you are ever the subject of a CRB check - it is likely that your employer will be notified of the offence you committed.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 38
JamieBuckJack
Hiya

You mention above that at the age of 15 you received a police reprimand, moreover, that you are unsure as to whether you have a criminal record.

How old are you now?

The reason I ask is becuase YOUR record will still exist!! The Association of Cheif Police Officers published a document in which your circumstances are provided for:

ACPO: "Records containing police reprimands and final warnings

If there are police reprimands or final warnings but no convictions on the record, the reprimands and warnings will be retained until the offender has attained the age of eighteen years and for a minimum period of five years. After attaining the age of eighteen years and if no police reprimands or final warnings have been recorded for a period of five years, the record will be deleted."

In order to ascertain if your record still exists you will need to write to your Chief Constable.. You can do this by emailing him/her:

[email protected] (You will need to find out the name of the officer and the name of the force)

It is unusal for records to be deleted without you first submitting an application for this to the Cheif Constable.. Therefore, if you are ever the subject of a CRB check - it is likely that your employer will be notified of the offence you committed.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

I am 19 so it seems the record could be deleted. I live in London so my local force is the metropolitan police, but i dont think we have police constables. So im not sure who i should contact. Also if i apply to have it deleted would they actually do it? so confusing! Also what information would i have to give to get it removed?
blone_bomb
I am 19 so it seems the record could be deleted. I live in London so my local force is the metropolitan police, but i dont think we have police constables. So im not sure who i should contact. Also if i apply to have it deleted would they actually do it? so confusing! Also what information would i have to give to get it removed?

Hiya

I'm pretty certain that the record will NOT have been deleted.. Your force is unlikely to allocate resources to do this.. It will be on an application basis.

Where abouts in London did you live when the offence was committed? Tell me and I will get you the e-mail address for the person you need to write to..

When writing, by e-mail, you would be wise to give a sob-story i.e. what you did was wrong and it was an adolescent act of stupidness, moreover, you are now at Univeristy and therefore would like your record to be deleted in order to prevent furture employers from casting doubts on your generally good charcter - Police Officers like to hear things like this.. BULL**** really!

When you e-mail - just include your name, address, previous addresses, date-of-birth etc, and exact details of the crime you committed... The force may well write to you by post. However, normally someone will e-mail you back and confirm that your record has been deleted. (I used to work in for a police force - not as an officer tho)

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest