The Student Room Group

Anyone ever been ARRESTED?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
JamieBuckJack
Hiya

I'm pretty certain that the record will NOT have been deleted.. Your force is unlikely to allocate resources to do this.. It will be on an application basis.

Where abouts in London did you live when the offence was committed? Tell me and I will get you the e-mail address for the person you need to write to..

When writing, by e-mail, you would be wise to give a sob-story i.e. what you did was wrong and it was an adolescent act of stupidness, moreover, you are now at Univeristy and therefore would like your record to be deleted in order to prevent furture employers from casting doubts on your generally good charcter - Police Officers like to hear things like this.. BULL**** really!

When you e-mail - just include your name, address, previous addresses, date-of-birth etc, and exact details of the crime you committed... The force may well write to you by post. However, normally someone will e-mail you back and confirm that your record has been deleted. (I used to work in for a police force - not as an officer tho)

Hope this helps

I lived in the London borough of Lewisham, still do. Thanks for all your help.Sounds like i could get it deleted!
Reply 41
Not yet, but I'm working on it...
In order to contact your Cheif Constable send e-mail to:

[email protected]

Use this as the first paragraph of your e-mail

"I have recently been advised that I can apply directly to the Chief Constable of Lewisham, in accordance with the Weeding Rules issued by the Association of Chief Police Officers, to have a Police Reprimand deleted from my records. Please can you reply and advise me of the name of appropriate Cheif Constable and his e-mail address?"

In London, as you say, the Chief Constables are scattered all over the place.. There are lot's of them. You will therefore need to wait until the someone replied from the above address with the details of the Chief you need..

Let me know how it all goes - Do not post emails on the forum
Reply 43
Nope. Though I was once searched because they 'had reports of people with our description brandishing a gun' :eek: Which was an interesting experience, needless to say the only guns I've ever been in contact with had caps in, or are full of paintballs.
Heather_1
Nope And I don't plan to be either....

I don't think anyone ever plans to be... :rolleyes:
Reply 45
I once got chased by a police man because my friend fell into a lampost, and it went out. He came out his house screaming at us and we ran. :p:
I've ARRESTED someone.. I haven't been myself :p:
Reply 47
SmilerNuts
I don't think anyone ever plans to be... :rolleyes:

What I mean is if I ever was, I wouldn't be able to follow the career path that I want to...
Never been arrested but been chased by police a few times for fighting when i was younger and stupid. Now i need to be really careful, if i get a criminal record ill lost my SIA badge, and have no job.
Philosoraptor
I've ARRESTED someone.. I haven't been myself :p:

You mean a citizen's arrest? How do you actually do one of them? Tell us the whole story :smile:
Reply 50
The closest I've ever been to the police was when they came to my house questioning about somebody who had been beaten up. I knew nothing.
Reply 51
you only get arrested if oyu don't have your s*** together..I have my s*** together......okay karin?
Reply 52
I got moaned at by the cops when a copper was sat in a seat on a train which was obviously a reserved one, he got annoyed with me when i turned up and expected to be able to sit in that seat (It was me who had reserved the seat) :p:

he let me have it though, and stood in the vestible area until i got off to change trains about 40 minutes later lol :p:
Reply 53
Sausage
I once got chased by a police man because my friend fell into a lampost, and it went out. He came out his house screaming at us and we ran. :p:

i'll +rep you for that purely for making me laugh :p::smile:
Reply 54
pigley
Anyone on here ever had their collar felt? I was nicked last week for a fight outside a club and got a caution. Its my first offence and was wondering how long it sits on my file and if there are any long term implications? Im just not too sure what it means.

On my best behaviour now though :rolleyes:

You'll find all you need to know on the Criminal Information Agency website
I have. read my rights and held in a cell overnight, for something I didnt even do! was for theft of a motorbike. the motorbike which was being ridden by my boyf and me on the back happend to be his. But earlier in the year it had been stolen(and returned by the police) and on their sytem still said stolen as they hadnt updated, they were like i know it was yours once but it says stolen so we are taking you in.

livid

and unless you killed someone no one is going to care about a drunkend fight.
No but a beauty queen in America with the exactly the same first name and surname as me got arrested for drunk driving. She told the officer something like "so much for world peace".
Reply 57
i was arrested when i stole a small perfume from a small grocery, this was when i was 12. :smile:
Never been arrested, had two altications with security guards, once for being too drunk in a night club and another for wearing rollerblades in my department. Not quite the same though.
Reply 59
Never, so far.

Quick Reply

Latest