Turn on thread page Beta

Waking The Dead watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Did any of you watch waking the dead last week? What did ya think of it? Is it just me or has it become more and more predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    Did any of you watch waking the dead last week? What did ya think of it? Is it just me or has it become more and more predictable.
    Seen plenty of them. Please expand on your comments. I guess you're implying the Irish terrorism episode.

I enjoyed the war themed one, despite how grim it was. This particular episode made me think that a serial killer could qualify for manslaughter charges isntead of murder. Not so long ago my law lecturer and myself were discussing Peter Sutcliffe and his failed attempts in pleading diminished responisiblity for manslaughter. My lecturer said he'd doubt the possibility of a serial killer having their charges reduced to manslaughter. But I told him this situation and he didn't seem to disagree with me.

I hope they put this out on DVD, just like Kavanagh QC has, along with Judge John Deed. Then I can tape over most of my tapes not worrying what's on them

ReputationRep:
    Waking the Dead has been going quite a few years now and they've not put any of it out on DVD which is a shame. I don't think it's becoming predictable, its a lot more complicated than it used to be and I managed to get quite confused over the terrorism one until I thought it back over once it had ended. I do think though that there won't be many more series's after this one as they are struggling with plot ideas (they've already done missing persons before). But I still think its one of the better murder mystery programs around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Waking the Dead has been going quite a few years now and they've not put any of it out on DVD which is a shame. I don't think it's becoming predictable, its a lot more complicated than it used to be and I managed to get quite confused over the terrorism one until I thought it back over once it had ended. I do think though that there won't be many more series's after this one as they are struggling with plot ideas (they've already done missing persons before). But I still think its one of the better murder mystery programs around.
    Same here! I thought that guy was shot by the protestant paramilitary but he probably didn't. Need to watch that one again, I like it when you have to think. I wish they do put it on DVD.

If they are struggling with ideas they could look at other crime related TV shows, but don't copy too much. Maybe something like Judge John Deed, Kavanagh QC, Jonathon Creek. I don't care who as long as it keeps going
    Although Kavanagh QC came out on DVD a long time after the series finished on TV though. Soemthing to do with cost perhaps as it's not as popular as other series like X Files or Friends?

ReputationRep:
    I did not see that twist coming at the end of this weeks one. That was a pretty darn good ending.

ReputationRep:
    I did not see that twist coming at the end of this weeks one. That was a pretty darn good ending.
    I must watch that again, I'm sure I didn't get it 100%. Even the more complicated ones of Jonathon Creek I've managed to suss out way before they take you through it.

ReputationRep:
    Good episode this week. Anyone see it?

ReputationRep:
    what happened in yesterdays episode? I missed it!! Who was the killer??

ReputationRep:
    You know, the one that he fancied? It was her dad... They left a lot of questions unanswered in this one, like who killed the gay policeman. It sort of confused me a lot...

(Original post by Fleff)
    You know, the one that he fancied? It was her dad... They left a lot of questions unanswered in this one, like who killed the gay policeman. It sort of confused me a lot...
    yeh who did kill the policeman-was he actually killed by "organised crime" then but the others where not obviously. In some ways it is becomming predictable, but really only towards the last 30 minutes of the programme really when it all fits into place more, and they do well with the twists in it! One thing i can say is that it has become VERY surreal in this last series, i remember the pilot episode being really straight forward but now it is messed up but in a good way!

ReputationRep:
    but what i dont get is,

surly the police woman is an accesory to murder...so shouldnt have been alowed to go home???

if she was tuing up the men for her dad to murder them why would she want to work on the case?

and i think she killed that police man and the big police man who fancied her was trying to cover it up. the way he said "he was already dead wasnt he" "thats what i thought" kinda meant he put the words in her mouth....

last nights was crap. i didnt enjoy it and they played too big a thing on the whole child abuse thing, if they'd showed that footage of the headteacher and the little girls in the corridor once more i think i would have smashed the telly up.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I was watching it with my sister and at the end neither of us had a clue what had happened... there's still so many things I just don't get about that episode, too many to list here :confused:

I've found this series quite disappointing so far... half the time I've been too confused to enjoy the program

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acid_Rain)
    I've found this series quite disappointing so far... half the time I've been too confused to enjoy the program
    Yeah this can be a problem. But I enjoy programmes where you have to think. If I didn't I vould always watch something not so demanding like Columbo or several other American TV crime programmes for that matter.

I personally did not find the latest episode confusing, but the 'Irish' terrorism not so long ago I did.

Do you watch Jonathon Creek? j/w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yeah this can be a problem. But I enjoy programmes where you have to think. If I didn't I vould always watch something not so demanding like Columbo or several other American TV crime programmes for that matter.

I personally did not find the latest episode confusing, but the 'Irish' terrorism not so long ago I did.

Do you watch Jonathon Creek? j/w
    Yeah that terrorism one was quite bad too... although at the end I'd managed to work out the motives/ storyline. The first episode (WW2, nine inch nails) and the one with the abducted children were good tho. This latest one on the other hand... I don't usually mind ambiguous endings, but this time there were just too many unanswered questions - seemed like they did a really bad job cutting and editing scenes.

And yep, I used to watch JC... that was good too

despite the series becoming a bit confusing i am still rather disappointed that next week is the last in the series..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    despite the series becoming a bit confusing i am still rather disappointed that next week is the last in the series..
    Yep, but there is definitely gonna be another series sometime 2005... they're filming it later this year I think, but the actresses playing Mel and Frankie are both leaving the series.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've found this last series a little disappointing.

There's a new special of Messiah soon though but it'll have to go some to beat the first (the second didn't manage that).

ReputationRep:
    Waking the Dead has been going quite a few years now and they've not put any of it out on DVD which is a shame.
    Series one is due out End Oct 2004.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acid_Rain)
    Yep, but there is definitely gonna be another series sometime 2005... they're filming it later this year I think, but the actresses playing Mel and Frankie are both leaving the series.

hmm, i hate it when they film a series with half the cast...hopefully they will find good replacements otherwise it will be pants!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    but what i dont get is,

surly the police woman is an accesory to murder...so shouldnt have been alowed to go home???

if she was tuing up the men for her dad to murder them why would she want to work on the case?

and i think she killed that police man and the big police man who fancied her was trying to cover it up. the way he said "he was already dead wasnt he" "thats what i thought" kinda meant he put the words in her mouth....

last nights was crap. i didnt enjoy it and they played too big a thing on the whole child abuse thing, if they'd showed that footage of the headteacher and the little girls in the corridor once more i think i would have smashed the telly up.

love Katy ***
    She was not meant to have known he was 'stalking' her, she was into role play as a form of self harm; the dad just 'happened' to be following and murdering.
    I don't think she murdered the police officer, I think he was murdered by 'organised crime' the point was she threw up on seeing him dead and then her Dad came along and tried to clear it up hence a hand mark in it. Or at least I think thats what happened, the child abuse theme was massively overplayed and kind of turned the whole thing into a bit of a farce

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.