The Student Room Group

Do you agree with abortion??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
It's also a scientific fact that sperm alone has unique DNA as does an unfertilised egg, does that make them human?

Sperm and unfertilised eggs are not human beings.
Original post by Josb
An embryo is not a human being, precisely.

Oh, I'm sorry. It only TURNS INTO a human.

That's like saying a toddler isn't a human, it's a toddler. Embryos are just a stage of development.
Yes...people are stupid (including myself <3), we sometimes don't know what we want in life, and having a child is a HUGE responsibility, you have to ask yourself are you in the position to be able to drop everything and how is their quality of life going to be. Then you have the other-side where inhumane acts occur, such as rape...so that is a no brainer really. So yes abortion should be allowed but should not be abused, I have heard some people that have had multiple abortions which makes me sick as they act like it isn't anything. There needs to be regulations, I am not aware if there is any in UK.
Reply 443
So it's not a human. Otherwise eggs and sperms would be humans too.

Toddlers are human beings, precisely.
Original post by Josb

i'm not gonna argue with you, dude. i'm just saying embryos have a right to live, like any other human being. would you be cool if your mother decided she didnt want you and killed you without your consent?

i wouldnt, in my opinion.

i like my life
If abortions do support sluts or adulterers to become popular , the answer is NO!

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/615820/infidelity-rates-UK-revealed-shocking

I definitely don't support sluts or adulterers. :-)

1481245140869.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
So by the same logic sperm is a person, as it "turns into a human". I guess that makes masterbation mass genocide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 447
Original post by ZacLaw
So by the same logic sperm is a person, as it "turns into a human". I guess that makes masterbation mass genocide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have killed several billions of people. :cry:
Reply 448
My mother couldn't kill me since I didn't existed. Embryos are not human.
Pro-Abortion/Pro-Choice, whichever you'd like to call it.
Original post by Josb
My mother couldn't kill me since I didn't existed. Embryos are not human.

Convincing yourself someone isn't human tends to make killing easier, when do you think people should have rights?
Reply 451
Original post by joecphillips
Convincing yourself someone isn't human tends to make killing easier, when do you think people should have rights?

What's the difference between a person and a ball of cells? A person has consciousness and the ability to feel. That's what makes a person have rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Sperm and unfertilised eggs are not human beings.

So you still haven't explained what makes someone a human. It's difficult isn't it?
Original post by ZacLaw
What's the difference between a person and a ball of cells? A person has consciousness and the ability to feel. That's what makes a person have rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So is it consciousness and the ability to feel what gives rights?

Humans are also a ball of cells the difference is one has grown from the first stage.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 454
So is it consciousness and the ability to feel what gives rights?

Humans are also a ball of cells the difference is one has grown from the first stage.

A ball of cells is just that, a ball of cells. As I said previously, sperm is the first stage of a foetuses development, doesn't that make masterbation mass murder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
A ball of cells is just that, a ball of cells. As I said previously, sperm is the first stage of a foetuses development, doesn't that make masterbation mass murder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

And birth is another stage of development so why not allow people to kill new born babies.

No it does not, if you leave sperm alone it has a 0% chance of creating human life, If you leave a fertilised egg alone then there there is a high chance of creating human life.

Also I would like to point out I'm not for banning abortion that would just cause problems I would just like people to use the correct language, if you end the life of an animal then you have killed it, why change the language for unborn babies?
Original post by cherryred90s
So you still haven't explained what makes someone a human. It's difficult isn't it?

I have, you have ignored it or completely forgotten or maybe you can't comprehend it. Fertilisation of an egg creates a new human being. It is not difficult (only for you it is)
Reply 457
And birth is another stage of development so why not allow people to kill new born babies.

No it does not, if you leave sperm alone it has a 0% chance of creating human life, If you leave a fertilised egg alone then there there is a high chance of creating human life.

Also I would like to point out I'm not for banning abortion that would just cause problems I would just like people to use the correct language, if you end the life of an animal then you have killed it, why change the language for unborn babies?

So you're saying that the second sperm enters the egg it's classed as life and cannot be aborted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
So you're saying that the second sperm enters the egg it's classed as life and cannot be aborted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not saying ban abortion, I just want the act to be called what it is which is killing a unborn baby.
Original post by Josb

Sperm/eggs aren't human beings, they contain human life like lungs and kidneys. You don't even need to think too hard about this, but all the pro-abortionists are trying to jump through mental hoops to justify killing an unborn baby.

"As pointed out above in the background section, there is a radical difference, scientifically, between parts of a human being that only possess "human life" and a human embryo or human fetus that is an actual "human being." Abortion is the destruction of a human being. Destroying a human sperm or a human oocyte would not constitute abortion, since neither are human beings. The issue is not when does human life begin, but rather when does the life of every human being begin. A human kidney or liver, a human skin cell, a sperm or an oocyte all possess human life, but they are not human beings, they are only parts of a human being. If a single sperm or a single oocyte were implanted into a woman's uterus, they would not grow; they would simply disintegrate."

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/wdhbb.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending