Maintenance Loan!!! HELP

    • Thread Starter

    Hey! I am wanting to drop out of my student accommodation but stay in uni. What will happen to my maintenance loan if I move back home? **My maintenance loan has nothing to do with my uni loan**

    Your loan will be reduced if you live at home. But you may still be liable for the rent, unless you cn find soemone to cover your room. (check your contract)

    Your maintenance loan is reduced (I can't remember off my head by how much) if you live at home. You need to phone SFE and inform them as soon as you move out.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.