The Student Room Group

I'm terrified of failing my GCSE Math's again!

So, I have the opportunity to re-sit my GCSE Math's in November (2 & 4) and I'm absolutely terrified - I failed it in the summer after I had so much confidence in it, so doing it again after month's of where some knowledge (I presume) has gone is terrifying.

I was 4 marks away from my Grade C in the summer, all because of silly mistakes or just unlucky. However, I'm both confident because we did a full maths paper in exam conditions this month to see our potential, and I got 80 out of 100 (way above a Grade C), but when I did the one for this week, I got 65 out of 100 (74 for a Grade C). So I feel like my chances of passing the exam is purely luck based and what is on that exam, since I excel in some stuff and not others. Now, when it comes to revision - I don't have much time since I have A-levels to look after (coursework deadlines etc). So I feel like my chances of passing are kind of slim?

It just made me really depressed when i found out my grade in the summer and I don't want to go through that again, especially when the next resits are June, so far away.

Advice?
Literally need only past papers and confidence. Good luck

Quick Reply