This discussion is closed.
amitchell57
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, first time user of Student room, so far I have found it so helpful!
I am applying to a foundation year at Sussex as a mature student.
I left school in 2010 and my GCSE certificates have been lost in a move.
I am unable to order new ones due to money problems, saving my last 12 pound in the world for my UCAS application!
I am 98% sure I know all my results, having used them on my Cv, but am unsure as to which exam boards I was entered under.
As a mature student I have heard that my certificates aren't the most important thing they are looking for, but will I have to bring them to an interview, or need them at all, I've heard mixed things.
Thank you.
Quite anxious!
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amitchell57)
Hi, first time user of Student room, so far I have found it so helpful!
I am applying to a foundation year at Sussex as a mature student.
I left school in 2010 and my GCSE certificates have been lost in a move.
I am unable to order new ones due to money problems, saving my last 12 pound in the world for my UCAS application!
I am 98% sure I know all my results, having used them on my Cv, but am unsure as to which exam boards I was entered under.
As a mature student I have heard that my certificates aren't the most important thing they are looking for, but will I have to bring them to an interview, or need them at all, I've heard mixed things.
Thank you.
Quite anxious!
Of course they are important - you will have to produce them at some point.
Also if you are that skint do you really think you should be starting at university at the moment. *
amitchell57
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Of course they are important - you will have to produce them at some point.
Also if you are that skint do you really think you should be starting at university at the moment. *
Hello! I am only this skint as I have had lots of outgoings this month! I do have a full time job and as I understand it, a good support system and a plan in place for Uni. I have also completed a level 3 apprenticeship whilst working full time.
Obviously I intend to leave my work before I start uni and find some part time work I can fit around my uni work, but sometimes money doesn't just 'Flow' in for unexpected certificates.
I am happy to produce the certificates at 'some point' but won't be able to before I apply, only after. As I have to apply quite early as a mature student.
I don't think money should stop me from getting a higher education, I won't be starting until next year and have a good plan of action.
But it's good to here that you're not saying at you MUST PRODUCE THEM, but that at somepoint I will, which calms me a lot!
amitchell57
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Update on this post:

I was never asked to produce any certificates at any point so my panic was for nothing.

And I have been continually skint throughout university, its fine so is every other student!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (46)
22.44%
Unhappy (56)
27.32%
Conflicted (103)
50.24%

Watched Threads