what will happen to my student finance?

    • Thread Starter

    I recently just started uni but I want to change course and university for next year to do something completely different. what will happen to my finance if I do? will I still get covered by it? and should I apply for the university first to see if I get in before telling student finance?

    Hi there.

    Are you going to withdraw from your current course altogether?

    So long as this is the only course you have began you will still receive full funding for a new course. You'll need to reapply as a new student for 17/18 when the applications become available at the start of next year.

    It won't matter which order you apply in, so long as you have everything agreed before you're actually beginning the course.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.