Help with hair removal!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm a 21-year-old female, and I'm EXTREMELY hairy. I'm blonde, but I have thick, dark hair on my legs, stomach, butt cheeks, around my nipples, etc. I've tried shaving, waxing, and epilating, but they all leave me with a really bad rash - bumps, redness, pimples, tons of ingrown hairs! I've tried exfoliating beforehand, exfoliating afterwards, moisturising, etc., but nothing seems to work. I'm seeing a new guy and the whole thing is really affecting my self-esteem.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome and hugely appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorrier)
    Hi everyone!

I'm a 21-year-old female, and I'm EXTREMELY hairy. I'm blonde, but I have thick, dark hair on my legs, stomach, butt cheeks, around my nipples, etc. I've tried shaving, waxing, and epilating, but they all leave me with a really bad rash - bumps, redness, pimples, tons of ingrown hairs! I've tried exfoliating beforehand, exfoliating afterwards, moisturising, etc., but nothing seems to work. I'm seeing a new guy and the whole thing is really affecting my self-esteem.

Have you tried hair removal cream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Have you tried hair removal cream?
    I did once, and from what I remember, it only removed some of the hair. Do you have any recommendations for a good brand? Particularly one I can use on my bikini area?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I did once, and from what I remember, it only removed some of the hair. Do you have any recommendations for a good brand? Particularly one I can use on my bikini area?

Thanks.
    Veet BodyCurv is one of the good brands for that area.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a tip for you.....don't

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried any trimmers or foil shavers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

What I can deduct from your description, you probably have some sort of allergic reaction to the stuff you're using. That or maybe your skin is too sensitive. Either way, I recommend finding a good dermatologist and letting them have a look at it. Other than that, I'd say hold of on whatever you're using. If the aftereffects you're experiencing are that bad, they may be just preliminary; which implies that they have the potential to get worst.

ReputationRep:
    maybe lasering?

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Remington is a good brand. Sorry for the late reply, been so busy with uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    Remington is a good brand for trimmer/foil shaver.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I don't know if you are near London. But at the beauty salon I work at, we do a special Chocolate hot wax.

It's proven to be virtually pain free, leaves no redness or soreness or ingrowing hairs.

If you are interested we are called Pamper Rooms. I am sure we can give you a good deal We are situated in Shoreditch, 5 mins for Shoreditch or Hoxton station.

My number is 0207 247 0064

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.