The Student Room Group

Help with hair removal!

Hi everyone!

I'm a 21-year-old female, and I'm EXTREMELY hairy. I'm blonde, but I have thick, dark hair on my legs, stomach, butt cheeks, around my nipples, etc. I've tried shaving, waxing, and epilating, but they all leave me with a really bad rash - bumps, redness, pimples, tons of ingrown hairs! :frown: I've tried exfoliating beforehand, exfoliating afterwards, moisturising, etc., but nothing seems to work. I'm seeing a new guy and the whole thing is really affecting my self-esteem.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome and hugely appreciated. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheWorrier
Hi everyone!

I'm a 21-year-old female, and I'm EXTREMELY hairy. I'm blonde, but I have thick, dark hair on my legs, stomach, butt cheeks, around my nipples, etc. I've tried shaving, waxing, and epilating, but they all leave me with a really bad rash - bumps, redness, pimples, tons of ingrown hairs! :frown: I've tried exfoliating beforehand, exfoliating afterwards, moisturising, etc., but nothing seems to work. I'm seeing a new guy and the whole thing is really affecting my self-esteem.

Have you tried hair removal cream? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leukocyte
Have you tried hair removal cream? :smile:

I did once, and from what I remember, it only removed some of the hair. Do you have any recommendations for a good brand? Particularly one I can use on my bikini area?

Thanks. :smile:
I did once, and from what I remember, it only removed some of the hair. Do you have any recommendations for a good brand? Particularly one I can use on my bikini area?

Veet BodyCurv is one of the good brands for that area.
Here's a tip for you.....don't
Have you tried any trimmers or foil shavers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

What I can deduct from your description, you probably have some sort of allergic reaction to the stuff you're using. That or maybe your skin is too sensitive. Either way, I recommend finding a good dermatologist and letting them have a look at it. Other than that, I'd say hold of on whatever you're using. If the aftereffects you're experiencing are that bad, they may be just preliminary; which implies that they have the potential to get worst.
Reply 7
maybe lasering?

Remington is a good brand. Sorry for the late reply, been so busy with uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samzy21
Remington is a good brand for trimmer/foil shaver.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I don't know if you are near London. But at the beauty salon I work at, we do a special Chocolate hot wax.

It's proven to be virtually pain free, leaves no redness or soreness or ingrowing hairs.

If you are interested we are called Pamper Rooms. I am sure we can give you a good deal We are situated in Shoreditch, 5 mins for Shoreditch or Hoxton station.

My number is 0207 247 0064

Quick Reply

Latest