Does anyone know what might be up With my work Colleague.

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

He had a long term girlfriend but was a harmless flirt. Very confident, very popular and overall a lovely guy. He was lovely to me, making me feel very welcome when I first started and without his friendliness I would have really struggled in my job so I reallyAppreciate him.He invited me on a few work visits with him and then within a few days in the job something odd happened. He wouldn't be alone with me. He would happily go for lunch/meetings and visits with anyone else exceptMe. I decided not to let it affect me. He was still very friendly with me in the office and chose to be around me a lot. So I figured he mustn't been annoyed with me or offended by something about me. Eventually there were staff cuts which meant we were thrown together a bit more but he then made things really difficult by doing anything he could to get out of going in any visits with me on my own. On the odd occasion he was on his own with me he would be very uncomfortable and not his usual happy self. He seemed emotionless and it was clear he would rather be anywhere else. If ever we have a meeting together he will make out that he can't remember who he is going to the meeting with when it's absolutely obvious he knows it's with me. That's the bit I really don't get. It started affecting me because we had to work together and I was relieved when he left. On my leaving do he did not speak to me at all and made sure never to be alone with me. Only at the very end when I was leaving did he stop me and make a point of asking me to contact him if I needed anything or any advice on interview tips. I was surprised, but just smiled. I haven't actually contacted him since as I guessed he was just being polite. I've found out he is joining the same team as me again. He doesn't know I work here and it's been a year since we worked together and the mist interaction we've had is liking a few of each other's posts. He has since split from his partner so is single and I'm hoping that means he can relax a bit more with me. I always thought he acted the way he did to avoid scandal or gossip.But I'm so apprehensive. If he is the same I am going to have to say something but just so I can help the situation, can anyone give me any ideas on why someone would behave like this? To me it is very very odd and doesn't make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    well you mentioned he has a long term girlfriend, maybe she didnt like the idea of you being alone with each other.

(Original post by mkap)
    well you mentioned he has a long term girlfriend, maybe she didnt like the idea of you being alone with each other.
    They've split now. I doubt she knew who I was but maybe. He was happily alone with anyone else tjough.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.