Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Should I drop out of college? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I started college about a month ago doing an animal management course and although I've been enjoying myself so far, I just don't think college is for me.

I was thinking about dropping out, getting a job and do an online course or get an apprenticeship but I honestly have no clue.

Originally, I wanted to go to university after college but it doesn't necessarily have to go according to plan and I can always get an education later on in life.

I haven't discussed this with my parents or anyone else for that matter so I would really like some feedback, both positive and negative. What do you all think? Should I drop out or not?

Thanks in advance,

Emily

ReputationRep:
    If you think college is not for you Uni is going to be even worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minderrx)
    If you think college is not for you Uni is going to be even worse
    I meant the waking up ridiculously early as my college isn't near me and getting back really late. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it but I'd prefer to make money as I go along

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think you could try pushing through it as it's only 2 years, if you really think it's not for you then try apprenticeship, you're in only one day a week and you can make money

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by animal-lover)
    I meant the waking up ridiculously early as my college isn't near me and getting back really late. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it but I'd prefer to make money as I go along
    Cant make the decision for you.

Need to list the options and do the pros and cons for it.

What use is the current college qualification, how will it help you? Can you get to your target in another direction? How unhappy is it making you?

Apprenticeship. Can you find a decent one. They vary greatly? They cna also include day release for college. Some of them only last a year.

If you wnat to go to Uni later on, then have an idea of what you might need.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget that the law now is that you MUST be in education until you're 18 so if you drop out of college, you have to find an apprenticeship, not just any job

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.