Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bmat vs tsa Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Im applying to Cambridge this cycle for economics, and need to sit the new admissions test. For its problem solving questions, Ive been doing TSA. I want to know which one is harder for problem solving- TSA OR BMAT?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erdem0729)
    Hello, Im applying to Cambridge this cycle for economics, and need to sit the new admissions test. For its problem solving questions, Ive been doing TSA. I want to know which one is harder for problem solving- TSA OR BMAT?
    BMAT is irrelevant - it's for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    BMAT is irrelevant - it's for medicine.
    Clearly you've never looked at a BMAT paper; Section 1 contains both Critical Thinking and Problem Solving questions similar to, but not identical to, those found in the TSA. The first section of the new ECAA for Economics has a section containing Problem Solving questions identical in style to those in the TSA. So in response to the OP I would suggest that the TSA Problem Solving questions are most helpful for the new Economics test, although looking at a few BMAT Section 1 papers wouldn't hurt either.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.