The Student Room Group

Philosophy Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomlee999
Yup , i apply for philosophy and theology at oxford, just recieved a rejection:frown:

oh man! :frown: I haven't received anything yet which is worrying
Reply 81
Original post by camusery
oh man! :frown: I haven't received anything yet which is worrying

Don't worry I haven't either what college have you applied to?
Original post by Chocsaway
Don't worry I haven't either what college have you applied to?

St Peter's, which has apparently been extremely quiet in this whole process so far 😖 you?
Reply 83
St Peter's, which has apparently been extremely quiet in this whole process so far 😖 you?

Same, I think we will all hear tomorrow.:smile:
I got an interview for P&T at Oxford today - got pooled to Trinity instead of Oriel but I'll take it! The admissions tutor from Oriel emailed me earlier in the day saying we should hear tomorrow, though, good luck everyone!
Reply 85
I just got an interview invitation from St.Peters!
Original post by H224455

Congrats & good luck :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by hope0livia
Congrats & good luck :smile:

Thank you!! Good luck for your interview :smile:
Original post by H224455

Congratulations!
Reply 89
Congratulations!

Thank you!
ah my rejection came through this morning :frown:
Reply 91
Checking track this morning when I saw 3/5 decisions and had a heart attack thinking Oxford had rejected me, but saw it was just an Exeter offer 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
Checking track this morning when I saw 3/5 decisions and had a heart attack thinking Oxford had rejected me, but saw it was just an Exeter offer 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man 😂 congratulations though!
Reply 93
is anyone sitting AQA A-Level philosophy?
Reply 94
Got an offer from Exeter for Philosophy yesterday and an offer for interview at St Peters Oxford for Theology and Philosophy today, so am feeling very happy to say the least !!!:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Chocsaway
Got an offer from Exeter for Philosophy yesterday and an offer for interview at St Peters Oxford for Theology and Philosophy today, so am feeling very happy to say the least !!!:smile::smile::smile:

The exact same happened to me!
Original post by H224455

Congrats to both of you!
Reply 97
Original post by H224455

Congratulation to you!!!:smile:
I've received offers from King's college london and exeter, nothing from bristol yet...also waiting to hear from cambridge over an interview - almost can't help wanting the waiting game to be over from them... but it would mean the world to me if I received an invitation - I'm hoping the lack of rejection at the moment is a good sign....Good luck to all of you xxxxxxx
Reply 99
I got my Oxford rejection on Friday, wasn't too disappointed about not being able to go to interview/ potentially the university- the real downer is effectively being told you're not good enough by experts in your field who know everything about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending