Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

already started second year but want to transfer Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm at Portsmouth studying early childhood studies and am in week 3 of second year. I have only just come to terms with the fact that I want to drop out of this uni at the end of Christmas to transfer to Plymouth uni (closer to home) and do my second and third year at Plymouth this coming September. Is this possible and will it affect my finances as I have already started first term of second year? Don't want to go into details but I just know I will be happier closer to home!
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkaw123)
    Hi, I'm at Portsmouth studying early childhood studies and am in week 3 of second year. I have only just come to terms with the fact that I want to drop out of this uni at the end of Christmas to transfer to Plymouth uni (closer to home) and do my second and third year at Plymouth this coming September. Is this possible and will it affect my finances as I have already started first term of second year? Don't want to go into details but I just know I will be happier closer to home!
    Thanks
    I would speak to student finance, the two people I know who were allowed to transfer and still be funded failed their second years the first time round it might not be possible if you passed.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.