Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Where was your first part-time job?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was at Marks & Spencer lol. Where was yours?

ReputationRep:
    It was voluntary but I was a part time radio DJ at my local hospital's radio station when I was 16

ReputationRep:
    Tesco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Mine was at Marks & Spencer lol. Where was yours?
    CEO :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    It was voluntary but I was a part time radio DJ at my local hospital's radio station when I was 16
    A Disk Jockey , that's cool, I volunteered a bit too, but it was only at my local charity shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Tesco
    What was working there like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    CEO :rofl:
    I'd be rolling in it :rofl: .
    People legit bought 5p plastic bags just for a 500ml bottle of water lol.

ReputationRep:
    At a sweet stand in the middle of a shopping mall. The manager was useless, but it was alright money and got free sweets all summer

ReputationRep:
    What was working there like?
    Still work there, staff are very friendly and it's relaxed.
    Only started like 2 months ago lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    At a sweet stand in the middle of a shopping mall. The manager was useless, but it was alright money and got free sweets all summer
    I'm jealous , I never got free sweets from working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Still work there, staff are very friendly and it's relaxed.
    Only started like 2 months ago lol
    That's good , I'd imagine Tesco's gets busy all the time haha.

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous , I never got free sweets from working.
    Awww no I always seem to get loads of freebies or reductions from places I have worked, where do you work?
    Also it the sweet shop job sucked after a while, the manager kept going off to the pub leaving me in charge for hours and I wasn't aloud to leave the stand for the loo or to have a lunch break so ended up having to have sweets for every lunch. Plus one weekend I was asked to separate by colour 2 massive 3ft x 3ft boxes of gummy bears ah.

ReputationRep:
    That's good , I'd imagine Tesco's gets busy all the time haha.
    Yep Lol! But the pay is good, everyone starts at £7.24 an hour then it raises after 9 months to around 7.60 or something.

ReputationRep:
    Exam Invigilator for IELTS. Great pay, a lot of money comes from just working 3 Saturdays a month when it's exam season but it's slowed down. Still work there. But now I'm a temp at GAME.

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds
    And hell I learnt a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Frist part-time job was an as waiter in a pub. Did not pay too well but free drink and food that sort of made up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Awww no I always seem to get loads of freebies or reductions from places I have worked, where do you work?
    Also it the sweet shop job sucked after a while, the manager kept going off to the pub leaving me in charge for hours and I wasn't aloud to leave the stand for the loo or to have a lunch break so ended up having to have sweets for every lunch. Plus one weekend I was asked to separate by colour 2 massive 3ft x 3ft boxes of gummy bears ah.
    Lucky.
    And, I used to work at M&S. I don't work anywhere currently, but I had an interview at Boost Juice which went alright.

Aww, that sucks, at least you don't have him as a boss now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohan187)
    Exam Invigilator for IELTS. Great pay, a lot of money comes from just working 3 Saturdays a month when it's exam season but it's slowed down. Still work there. But now I'm a temp at GAME.
    That's awesome , did they teach you how to look scary and foreboding haha jk.

What's GAME like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmaaa0853)
    McDonalds
    And hell I learnt a lot!
    Had a trial at MD's a couple of years ago now, didn't get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgeheal)
    Frist part-time job was an as waiter in a pub. Did not pay too well but free drink and food that sort of made up for it.
    Aww , at least you got free food though haha.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.