COD: Modern Warfare Remastered Thread

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Although this game doesn't officially release until November, the campaign has been playable to those who pre-ordered it on PSN for the past few days, so I figured I'd make a thread about it!

I've already run through the campaign twice, the first time on Veteran and the second time on recruit to collect the intel. I also have ~90% trophy completion, the main one that I can't complete is completing Mile High Club on Veteran difficulty. I've done it on Hardened easily enough, but doing that run in under a minute is damn hard.

Have any of you guys bought the game yet? And which system are you on? I'm on PS4 . We can start a PSN/XBL username list too if people want to so that we can play online with each other when the game comes out!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the double post, but this happened earlier:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have only said bad things about recent CODs, butI have to admit, it looks good, I'll be getting it, not sure when. I'll probably be going through FNG thousands of times, like I did on the old one, I got my time down to 10.1s iirc. Mile high club on veteran isn't too hard, just got to use your flash bangs and "Remember, switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading".

I'll likely get it on PS4, maybe PC, but I rarely play online. Are there any changes other than graphics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    I have only said bad things about recent CODs, butI have to admit, it looks good, I'll be getting it, not sure when. I'll probably be going through FNG thousands of times, like I did on the old one, I got my time down to 10.1s iirc. Mile high club on veteran isn't too hard, just got to use your flash bangs and "Remember, switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading".

I'll likely get it on PS4, maybe PC, but I rarely play online. Are there any changes other than graphics?
    I haven't played a COD game for a few years now, but I jumped at the chance to get this. Other than the graphical changes, the difficulty has been upped in the campaign (while there is no official statement on that, the general consensus from everybody who has played it is that this version is significantly more difficult than the original).

The Infinite Warfare Beta starts tomorrow, too, so I'll definitely be playing that over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, kinda did all that 9 years ago...

ReputationRep:
    The multiplayer should be good, but as for the campaign, I completed it when it originally came out so not interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I haven't played a COD game for a few years now, but I jumped at the chance to get this. Other than the graphical changes, the difficulty has been upped in the campaign (while there is no official statement on that, the general consensus from everybody who has played it is that this version is significantly more difficult than the original).

The Infinite Warfare Beta starts tomorrow, too, so I'll definitely be playing that over the weekend.
    Ah, Yes, I want Veteran world at War type difficulty, maybe a bit more, I am a bit of a masochist with games. Not too fussed about Infinite warfare though, although I do prefer the games that are made buy infinity ward. I got plats for MW2 and MW3, it'll be nice to finally finish off the collection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Yeah, kinda did all that 9 years ago...
    It didn't have trophies 9 years ago though so this is a first for PS users .

(Original post by ollie1024)
    The multiplayer should be good, but as for the campaign, I completed it when it originally came out so not interested.
    You may as well say you played the multiplayer when it originally came out so why bother?

Ah, Yes, I want Veteran world at War type difficulty, maybe a bit more, I am a bit of a masochist with games. Not too fussed about Infinite warfare though, although I do prefer the games that are made buy infinity ward. I got plats for MW2 and MW3, it'll be nice to finally finish off the collection.
    Never played WaW on Veteran (or if I did, I don't remember it) but the difficulty was definitely increased. Most of the missions aren't too difficult, but there are 2 or 3 (One Shot, One Kill; The Heat and Mile High Club) that took me far too many tries to finish -_- . I also platted MW2, never did plat MW3 though (that scene where Soap dies, ).

ReputationRep:

You may as well say you played the multiplayer when it originally came out so why bother?

Never played WaW on Veteran (or if I did, I don't remember it) but the difficulty was definitely increased. Most of the missions aren't too difficult, but there are 2 or 3 (One Shot, One Kill; The Heat and Mile High Club) that took me far too many tries to finish -_- . I also platted MW2, never did plat MW3 though (that scene where Soap dies, ).
    Yeah, that was sad, but the satisfying ending definitely made up for it. MW2 and MW3 are some of my favourite endings. I can't remember how cod 4 ends, I think it just ends in the middle of warfare, but I'll be able to find out soon in the remaster

ReputationRep:
    Neither did I, but then again, nor did I really want to want them, nor do I want them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was sad, but the satisfying ending definitely made up for it. MW2 and MW3 are some of my favourite endings. I can't remember how cod 4 ends, I think it just ends in the middle of warfare, but I'll be able to find out soon in the remaster
    Yeah, I loved the campaign of the entire MW saga. It has one of the most compelling storylines of the FPS genre imo. I also loved the storyline from BO1, though I don't remember much of it

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Neither did I, but then again, nor did I really want to want them, nor do I want them.
    So you decided to post in a thread about a game you have no interest in, just to proclaim your lack of interest? Fair enough. The game is enjoyable though and I'm sure the MP will be fantastic.

ReputationRep:

This is such a stupid response :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Really? MW on the 360 had Achievements

ReputationRep:
    This is such a stupid response :facepalm:
    Not really. Having played a campaign before doesn't remove the fun from playing it again, at a higher difficulty and 9 years later. The fact that the game is fantastic is the whole reason this game has been remastered and the campaign is part of that. If you got to Prestige 10 level 55 (which most did) on COD4 then why play the multiplayer? It's going to be the same, just looking better.

EDIT: Also I'd just like to point out that I'm not trying to attack your opinion or anything, I'm just legit curious as to your reasoning behind what you're saying.

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Really? MW on the 360 had Achievements
    Yeah, the trophy system on PS3 wasn't made compulsory until 2008 so they just didn't bother with COD 4 on the PS3 .

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Having played a campaign before doesn't remove the fun from playing it again, at a higher difficulty and 9 years later. The fact that the game is fantastic is the whole reason this game has been remastered and the campaign is part of that. If you got to Prestige 10 level 55 (which most did) on COD4 then why play the multiplayer? It's going to be the same, just looking better.

EDIT: Also I'd just like to point out that I'm not trying to attack your opinion or anything, I'm just legit curious as to your reasoning behind what you're saying.
    Because people play multiplayer over and over again, its a competitive match to who wins not a straight forward campaign that you remember the story off.

ReputationRep:
    Because people play multiplayer over and over again, its a competitive match to who wins not a straight forward campaign that you remember the story off.
    People can play the campaign multiple times though. I've already played MW:R campaign 3 times at this point and I've only had it a week. I don't see myself playing it again but not playing a game for 9 years generally means replaying the game will be enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward for this release! I never really got to play MW Multiplayer properly when its player-base was at its peak so hopefully I'll get to experience the game in its former glory.

tomtjl Nice work on the platinum - I'm definitely gonna go for it eventually.

ReputationRep:
    People can play the campaign multiple times though. I've already played MW:R campaign 3 times at this point and I've only had it a week. I don't see myself playing it again but not playing a game for 9 years generally means replaying the game will be enjoyable.
    How boring is that though, for most people at least. Anyway, i'm still not interested in the campaign, just the mutliplayer ta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it is playable as well, but has anyone gotten their hands on the dlc called Infinite Warfare yet?

ReputationRep:
    How boring is that though, for most people at least. Anyway, i'm still not interested in the campaign, just the mutliplayer ta
    I have beaten the MW3 campaign, probably over 100 times, people play for different reasons, for me it wasn't to see the story over and over again, I just wanted to see how quickly I could do it, which I do with a lot of games. Generally I don't enjoy multiplayer and I get bored after 5 mins, I prefer improving on something that is more consistent than multiplayer. Though I liked only the MW series and COD 1 and 2 and world at war.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.