Turn on thread page Beta

Unusual names that you like. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For a boy: Rafael, Finn, Quinn, Ruairi (pronounced Rory, not unusual really), Caius, Fearghal, Cassius, Leo. Oh and I swear to God when I heard the name "Finbarr" it just screamed awesome. Oh and if I ever have a son Patrick has to be somewhere in his name, it's a family tradition.
    For a girl: Melinda, Brianna, Penelope, Prudence (no idea why), Alyssa, Rafael, Ava, Aoife, Neve, Elena.

Names I would actually inflict upon offspring are in bold.
    I quite like names of Irish/classical origin. And I don't know why but looking at this thread is making Lysander grow on me. Hopefully any future partner willing to have kids with me will veto the hell out of that one.

ReputationRep:
    Phoebe is a name I like.

ReputationRep:
    Beware of unusual names i was nearly called Kinglsey and my sister (if she was a boy) would have been called Saul. :getmecoat

ReputationRep:
    Elle and Sinead.
    Not sure how many people would find them unusual but there the most unusual I can think of (that I like) at this time of night.

ReputationRep:
    Ianto.

ReputationRep:
    Ette.

ReputationRep:
    Sienna
    May

ReputationRep:
    Algernon

ReputationRep:
    siya

ReputationRep:
    A friend in halls from last year is called Jolyon, which I quite like. And I have another friend called Verity, which again I think is a good name. That said, I still wouldn't name my kids either of those, middle name possibly but no further. I really feel that giving children *genuinely* stupid names (and I've read a fair few on this topic) should constitute child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    Beware of unusual names i was nearly called Kinglsey and my sister (if she was a boy) would have been called Saul. :getmecoat
    Kingsley's a fantastic name! Not too sure about Saul though.

ReputationRep:
    Eduardo!!

ReputationRep:
    I really like Adia.

ReputationRep:
    Afton.

ReputationRep:
    Finnouala, Ariana, Aurora, Ophelia, Eily

Ronan, Shay, Eoin (Owen in its Gaelic form...)

ReputationRep:
    I like Saul, its a biblical name, my mum said it was too Jewish, she said the same about Miriam which i also like. I love the name Jolyon, shortened to Jolly. It reminds me of the ITV series of The Forsyte Saga which i watched religiously when it was on. Speaking of The Forsyte Saga i also like Fleur, June and Val.

ReputationRep:
    im sure people really are just putting random letters together now and saying its a name.

with all of these strange names it makes you wonder how we are currently surrounded by a sea of lauras louises catherines and christophers.

ReputationRep:
    my nephew was born the other day (6th) and my brother named him "Lucien" i don't usually like unusual names but i quite like that one...

ReputationRep:
    For girls: Lucrezia, Miranda, May, Alessandra, Lisette, Fleur, Beatrice, Odette, Clemency, Silvia

For boys: Sebastian, Dominic, Rhys, Gabriel, Aidan, Hervé, Martin, Max, Ivan

ReputationRep:
    Joy.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.