The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They sound like they've fallen out the Bible to me.
Seeing as both are 'newer' forms of Latin, that's far from the case :p:
Well the Amber Spyglass then. Same thing :ninja:
I'm quite fond of these names:

Arianrhod (female) which means 'Silver Wheel' in Welsh. It's all to do with Welsh Mythology like. I'd seriously like to name a daughter this.

Taliesin (male) but I don't know the meaning. I just like the name.

I also wouldn't mind Virgil or Dante (from The Divine Comedy, although both were real people...Virgil being the writer of The Aenid, and Dante the writer of The Divine Comedy itself). Fabian would be nice too, but it sounds overly 'posh' and then if I wasn't [in later life] 'middle-class' or above I'd look 'chavvy'; it'd be like calling my child Mercedes, or Paris.
Seanisonfire
Well the Amber Spyglass then. Same thing :ninja:

Of course :smile:
Reply 285
Errrm Lyra, Ophelia & Fey for a girl
Im not sure I would name a boy an unusual name but I quite like Fabian as a middle name though!
Im kinda glad my mum didnt go for her 'unusual name' for me though because otherwise I would have been called Allegra!
Dear me. These peoples kids will really hate them when they get older.
... and I'm sure young Craberwunkle is simply going to adore you :wink:
He'll do what i tell him to do :hmmm:
I like some of the Celtic names eg. Iestyn, Rhys and Gryfydd.
Reply 290
I'm not sure how unusual this name is but I know a lady called "Zellerny" - I've never come across it before. I quite like it but I don't think I'd use it.
i quiet like the name uranium :biggrin:
Cromarty!

Mb
Reply 293
my son is called kiegan
i like taylor for a girl and jamie leigh
but my partners name is jamie so is a shame we called our other daughter ellie nice and sweet but normal
LooksLikeJesus
Hmm... I want to call my (male) kids (should my wife at the time permit) Angelus and Ambrosius : Angel and Immortal.

Female: Aimée, Alice, or Laura :smile:

I have a strange taste in names :p:

Ambrosio is the rapist, murdering monk in Matthew Lewis' gothic novel 'The Monk' ... hence I could never call a kid that.
poetic_harriyot
Ambrosio is the rapist, murdering monk in Matthew Lewis' gothic novel 'The Monk' ... hence I could never call a kid that.

It sounds like custard...
Haha! I was thinking the custard thing! :laugh:

I like Smith for a boy (first name) for some reason. It completely depends on the surname though.
Heres one for ya..my friend jennys grans full name is Violet Lily Primrose Bauldric..and before you ask, no her parents were not gardeners :p:
hayles101
Heres one for ya..my friend jennys grans full name is Violet Lily Primrose Bauldric..and before you ask, no her parents were not gardeners :p:

Bauldric! As in... character in Blackadder!
Cute...
Reply 299
Bauldric.....wow :biggrin:

Update to my list....on reflection Fergus could be considered an unusual name. And I've just seen the name Stelara and I love it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending