Unusual names that you like. Watch

poetic_harriyot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
Heres one for ya..my friend jennys grans full name is Violet Lily Primrose Bauldric..and before you ask, no her parents were not gardeners :p:
Bauldric! As in... character in Blackadder!
Cute...
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bauldric.....wow

Update to my list....on reflection Fergus could be considered an unusual name. And I've just seen the name Stelara and I love it
Quita
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My name is pretty unusual - Santana pronounced San-tan-a.. not San-ta-na as many people pronounce it. I quite like it but get sick of people asking if its after the guitarist.

I love my middle name - Mariquita - from my grandmother's original Mariketa, also my brother is Jovan - but pronounce J-van
wilky
Report 11 years ago
For boys, Mason is a cool name, they'd get the nickname Mace :P
Javvi
Report 11 years ago
Roster - one of my middle names. lol
snowyowl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Quita)
My name is pretty unusual - Santana pronounced San-tan-a.. not San-ta-na as many people pronounce it. I quite like it but get sick of people asking if its after the guitarist.
Isn't that a sports channel? :confused:

xx
LooksLikeJesus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Quita)
Can I call you Carlos?
Revenga
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think Contessa is a pretty sexy name, rare too.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Revenga)
I think Contessa is a pretty sexy name, rare too.
Isn't Contessa spanish or something for Countess, i'm pretty sure its some sort of title rather than a name.
Quita
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)
Isn't that a sports channel? :confused:

xx
No that's Setanta... I loathe it at the moment.. the butt of many jokes to come.
Andrew28913
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Miranda, Ganemade and Xavier. Unusual, but I like 'em.
the_alba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to like all kinds of crazy names when I was a teenager, including Hamlet, Felix, Orlando, Tabatha, Cecily, Ophelia, and Marius... But I would think very hard nowadays about giving a child a name that's too unusual. I have an unusual name myself, and the same old conversation about it whenever I meet anyone new (yes I had hippy parents... it's actually a rare Irish Gaelic name... you can pronounce it two ways... &c) can get really old and boring after a while. Deliberately naming children the above names would also be, I've realised, unbearably pretentious. I always groan with despair when some middle class family comes on television and their kids are called Persephone, Arrow, Emmet and Rosehip.

I'm all about Irish names now - Somhairle, Ruari, Oisin, Eilis, Ailbhe, Saoirse and Caoimhe being my favourites.
hotgoose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bloodredbeat)
I have a few but the only one I can really think of at the moment is Brogan, for a boy or girl. I also quite like the idea of taking quite usual boys names and giving them to girls; not all, obviously.
I know a Brogan, she quite likes her name but many have said it sounds boyish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads