Experiences of working at Lidl?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

i got an offer today to work at a lidl store. its not a huge store, but its not small either, medium sized i would say.

22 hr/s a week

i just want to know how it it be to work there? i recently quit a job at a very small local Morrison, which demanded a lot of constant physical labour.

Just want to hear about some your experiences at working in Lidl or what friends or family have told you

thanks

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends works at Lidl and it's very similar to Aldi (I did a trial there) .. They pay more because alot is expected of the staff. Lidl will be ALOT of physical labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    One of my friends works at Lidl and it's very similar to Aldi (I did a trial there) .. They pay more because alot is expected of the staff. Lidl will be ALOT of physical labour.
    i mean what if im on the till. i remember seeing the cashier sitting down, which is nice as apposed to my previous job where i had to stand. how often will i be asked to stock up etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatehL)
    i mean what if im on the till. i remember seeing the cashier sitting down, which is nice as apposed to my previous job where i had to stand. how often will i be asked to stock up etc

It's unlikely you'd be on the till your whole shift, I'd say its 70% stocking and manual labour and 30% on the till, especially if its like my store where they have minimum till staff and only call more when really needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    It's unlikely you'd be on the till your whole shift, I'd say its 70% stocking and manual labour and 30% on the till, especially if its like my store where they have minimum till staff and only call more when really needed.
    would you say your store is big or small?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatehL)
    would you say your store is big or small?
    medium sized i'd say

ReputationRep:
    I just got a job at Lidl too! I have to go in on Friday to go through my contract and then next month they're paying for me to go on a training day at the head office/distribution centre, which they said everyone goes to now. Do you know if you'll be going for a training day at a head office/distribution centre?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.