may3333
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
on my maths exam I did not get the grade I wanted so im doing it again in November however this time in college we are with a different exam bored which is aqa on the last on which was edexcel I had to get 80 out of 100 for a C on foundation but on aqa u only need 38 out of 60 to get a C, I did a mock and found it easier, are the questions supposed to be harder? are the topics the same? apart from that what else is different? also what is the difference between liner and module thx
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by may3333)
on my maths exam I did not get the grade I wanted so im doing it again in November however this time in college we are with a different exam bored which is aqa on the last on which was edexcel I had to get 80 out of 100 for a C on foundation but on aqa u only need 38 out of 60 to get a C, I did a mock and found it easier, are the questions supposed to be harder? are the topics the same? apart from that what else is different? also what is the difference between liner and module thx
The topics are the same
The grade boundaries are different but like Edexcel they vary from exam to exam. In general I'd say aqa boundaries tend to be a bit lower because the exam papers are a little bit trickier.
The aqa style and language of questions is a little different and you should do as many aqa past papers as you can to get familiar with them.

Linear means all exams at the end of the course (I.e. 2 papers in the resits). Modular used to mean you could take and retake individual unit exams at different times and combine the results. You can't sit GCSE maths in a modular fashion anymore, though you can take all 3 unit exams that used to make up the modular specification as long as they are all done in the same exam period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
The topics are the same
The grade boundaries are different but like Edexcel they vary from exam to exam. In general I'd say aqa boundaries tend to be a bit lower because the exam papers are a little bit trickier.
The aqa style and language of questions is a little different and you should do as many aqa past papers as you can to get familiar with them.

Linear means all exams at the end of the course (I.e. 2 papers in the resits). Modular used to mean you could take and retake individual unit exams at different times and combine the results. You can't sit GCSE maths in a modular fashion anymore, though you can take all 3 unit exams that used to make up the modular specification as long as they are all done in the same exam period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As clear as ever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise