Should I apply to Bath for chemical engineering or do I have no chance?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I got: Core Science: A
    Physics: A
    Chemistry: A
    Maths: A
    English Literature: A
    English Language: B
    RE: A*Geography: B
    Spanish: B
    Drama: B
    Biology: A
    FSMQ Additional Maths B

These GCSE qualifications were achieved at a school which qualifies for educational disadvantage. ( I think, last time I heard it did;however I'm not too sure)

Additionally, I achieved at AS in my first year which were achieved at an institution which DEFINITELY qualifies for educational disadvantage

EPQ: A
    Maths: C
    Chemistry: D
    Biology: B
    Drama: C
    I resat my AS levels at another school which does not qualify for educational disadvantage.

Maths: A
    I am predicted an A* for maths.
    Biology: B
    I am predicted an A for biology.
    Chemistry: A
    I am predicted an A for chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    c---> A* wut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    c---> A* wut
    Although my grades don't show it and I'm going to sound quite arrogant saying this, but it's true. I'm quite good at A level maths, it's odd. I taught myself core one in year 11 in 2 weeks. I never worked well with learning in maths in class and so I taught myself. I had the ability to achieve an A* in my previous school;however, we didn't even have maths books crowded lessons, it wasn't great. Also, I could have worked slightly harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonYo)
    Although my grades don't show it and I'm going to sound quite arrogant saying this, but it's true. I'm quite good at A level maths, it's odd. I taught myself core one in year 11 in 2 weeks. I never worked well with learning in maths in class and so I taught myself. I had the ability to achieve an A* in my previous school;however, we didn't even have maths books crowded lessons, it wasn't great. Also, I could have worked slightly harder.
    Tough, No uni will believe it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    Tough, No uni will believe it
    Well, if they don't believe it, then can look at my Core 2 UMS: 98/100.

ReputationRep:
    You have AAB at AS-level, predicted A*AA, so might as well apply, not sure what the issue is really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    You have AAB at AS-level, predicted A*AA, so might as well apply, not sure what the issue is really.
    I'm worried about my GCSEs not being mostly A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Apply, you have 4 other choices.

ReputationRep:
    They really don't matter that much for your application personally. Yours are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vela1)
    Apply, you have 4 other choices.
    Yeah, that's true. Just worried if I don't get the interview at Manchester. I can't apply to birmingham either because M1 doesn't fit on my time-table at school, sucks tbh. I just want to go to a good university

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's true. Just worried if I don't get the interview at Manchester. I can't apply to birmingham either because M1 doesn't fit on my time-table at school, sucks tbh. I just want to go to a good university
    Just apply, worst case you get a rejection. It doesn't change the fact you need to put the work in and get your A grades. If you have good A-levels and no offers, you can always just reapply next year and take a gap year.

Or go to Germany and study for free at one of the top 100 unis in the world.

Or apply for a foundation year somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    They really don't matter that much for your application personally. Yours are fine.
    Okay, maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Just apply, worst case you get a rejection. It doesn't change the fact you need to put the work in and get your A grades. If you have good A-levels and no offers, you can always just reapply next year and take a gap year.

Or go to Germany and study for free at one of the top 100 unis in the world.

Or apply for a foundation year somewhere.
    Would need to learn german/ do humanities as subjects

ReputationRep:
    Would need to learn german/ do humanities as subjects
    no you wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    Try doing Access to Leeds, it's great for engineering and you can get an offer 2 grades below entry req

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.