Should I get the Sony z2

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm getting a new phone. I currently have a Samsung S4 and my parents finally agreed to letting me get a new phone (of course within reasonable price) and I quite like the look of the Sony Z2
    Can any one give me a review on what its like???
    I mainly use it for social media like snapchat, insta, whatsapp, youtube and for listening to music.
    So i want to know if it has good audio quality and what the battery life is like, also its speed and memory and all that.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameIsSaraOk)
    Hey. I'm getting a new phone. I currently have a Samsung S4 and my parents finally agreed to letting me get a new phone (of course within reasonable price) and I quite like the look of the Sony Z2
    Can any one give me a review on what its like???
    I mainly use it for social media like snapchat, insta, whatsapp, youtube and for listening to music.
    So i want to know if it has good audio quality and what the battery life is like, also its speed and memory and all that.
    Thanks in advance
    It's a pretty old phone at this point and not a whole lot newer than your S4. You'll be buying a used handset too so battery life will be a complete crapshoot, it could be ok or it could last two hours on a good day- you won't know until you buy it.

You may be better served by a newer mid tier phone than an older flagship one. What's your budget?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    You may be better served by a newer mid tier phone than an older flagship one. What's your budget?
    That. Depending on your budget you may even be able to find an older model flagship from the low price point range. Stuff from companies like OnePlus and Huawei that offer cheaper models with good specs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    It's a pretty old phone at this point and not a whole lot newer than your S4. You'll be buying a used handset too so battery life will be a complete crapshoot, it could be ok or it could last two hours on a good day- you won't know until you buy it.

I'm getting it second hand (were cheapskates) so the budgets probably maximum £150

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting it second hand (were cheapskates) so the budgets probably maximum £150
    If the Z2 can be gotten thay cheap then it's a solid buy, although as mentioned previously you're gambling on the battery life and in the event that it's not up to your standards it's not the easiest part to repair. If battery life is a primary concern, then a new mid-tier phone like the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 will have similar performance in almost every area with the benefit of a brand new battery.

With regards to audio quality, if you're referring to use with headphones then the vast majority of smartphones are similarly average- unless you have an expensive pair of cans don't let this be a consideration. If you're talking about speakers then, again, don't expect miracles from anything which doesn't have stereo front facing speakers- if you want those, look and see how cheap a HTC One M8 is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If the Z2 can be gotten thay cheap then it's a solid buy, although as mentioned previously you're gambling on the battery life and in the event that it's not up to your standards it's not the easiest part to repair. If battery life is a primary concern, then a new mid-tier phone like the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 will have similar performance in almost every area with the benefit of a brand new battery.

With regards to audio quality, if you're referring to use with headphones then the vast majority of smartphones are similarly average- unless you have an expensive pair of cans don't let this be a consideration. If you're talking about speakers then, again, don't expect miracles from anything which doesn't have stereo front facing speakers- if you want those, look and see how cheap a HTC One M8 is.
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm gonna take a look at the HTC One M8, because I usually do play music out loud when I'm with my friends and stuff but then again I could always invest in a speaker.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm gonna take a look at the HTC One M8, because I usually do play music out loud when I'm with my friends and stuff but then again I could always invest in a speaker.
    The One M8 and Xperia Z2 are virtually identical in terms of internal specs, with the One M8 winning in build quality and speakers while the Z2 wins with its camera and water resistance. If they're both a similar price, which I assume they will be, choose based on which of those factors is most important to you.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.