Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry it won't have changed a whole lot in those 3 years. You'll find it all comes back to you really quickly I'm sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Only someone naive would make an issue about you not having sex for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    Don't worry it won't have changed a whole lot in those 3 years.
    :rofl: I just had the best mental image
    Guy: *goes to put his penis in her ear*
    OP: Huh, what're you doing?
    Guy: Where have you been? Since 2004, everyone does that.
    OP: Oh. At least this way I won't get pregnant

Sorry. It had to be done.
    OP, don't stress. It's a little unusual to have had such a long break (this is probably just because I'm 19 and at uni) - meaning I've not anyone in this situation (that's told me :p:), but I don't think it'll matter. Or that he'll even be able to tell if you don't mention it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a mature person and by that I mean I'm not a naive 12 year old and I have only slept with 3 people from previous relationships. It's been 3 years since I had sex - i'm not missing it - but I'm worried that the next person I get with might not be understanding. It's been a while and (understandably?) I feel a bit, I don't know, worried that the guy might not understand that I feel a bit worried, not quite ready. I have almost forgotten what sex is like and don't want any guys to laugh at me. When I think about sleeping with someone, I feel a bit afraid.

I'm old enough to know that if a guy isn't going to wait around then he isn't worth my time but I wonder if my fear of the idea of sleeping with someone means I'm frigid and I worry I won't find someone who understands and would wanna take it slow. I haven't explained myself properly.

Are there a thousand threads like this? I haven't noticed :P
    If the guy laughs at you he's a *******.

I'm sure there are men who would understand. They may even be in the same position.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been in a relationship since then and can't bring myself to hae sex with any guys because they're just out for a shag and I don't like being used.

I won't tell them I haven't had sex but I'd want them to understand that it's been a while, in case we get together and they think "hey, what's going on?
    I dont get why some people just fell its ok to tar everyone with their ignorance.....as someone said sex is sex it makes no ****ing difference how often you've had it recently - its more of a confidence thing though isnt it? Just find a nice guy ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Just find a nice guy ffs.
    Hahaha you seem quite angry about it!

ReputationRep:
    I've read statistics that state that about 5-10% of people in Western countries are likely to die virgins.

Yes try being 22 and never having a gf......

ReputationRep:
    im sure shes in this situation anyway lol.

Yes but given i'm not one for sleeping around i've never had sex. Part of me feels almost pressured into having sex but whenever I have the "oppurtunity" shall we say, I always opt not to take it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but given i'm not one for sleeping around i've never had sex. Part of me feels almost pressured into having sex but whenever I have the "oppurtunity" shall we say, I always opt not to take it.
    So why complain then u poon

p.s. if youve never had a girlfriend its unlikely youve really opted out of taking the opportunity to sleep with someone. If a decent hot girl said "please anonymous user #3 im dieing to ride your ****", I doubt youd say no.

ReputationRep:
    Are you waiting for something? Cos that's understandable.

Well i'd rather have sex with a gf. I'm not particularly bothered about sex before marriage issues. My biggest problem is actually asking girls out. I just can't do and as a result i've never had a gf because girls don't know how i've felt about them

ReputationRep:
    So you havent opted out of having sex youve just not had the opportunity. EVERYBODY gets those nerves before they ask a girl out for the first time you just have to dive in and do it. I was such a pussy with my girlfriend, we were really into each other but I never got the balls to as her out properly. After 6 months fancying awkwardness she finally got tired of it and when my friend asked her out she said yes! Anyhow it hurt a lot seeing some girl that youve pretty much been going out with walking hand in hand with your friend. Needless to say I got the balls, told her what I thought and she decided she wanted to be with me. And now weve been together 2 and a half year so happy ending.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'd rather have sex with a gf. I'm not particularly bothered about sex before marriage issues. My biggest problem is actually asking girls out. I just can't do and as a result i've never had a gf because girls don't know how i've felt about them
    Just go for it and take the chance. You will get rejected some times ( or even quite a few times ) but is it better the way things are? Put it this way, the times when it does work out is well worth the disappointment when it doesn't.

(Original post by supernova2)
    So you havent opted out of having sex youve just not had the opportunity. EVERYBODY gets those nerves before they ask a girl out for the first time you just have to dive in and do it. I was such a pussy with my girlfriend, we were really into each other but I never got the balls to as her out properly. After 6 months fancying awkwardness she finally got tired of it and when my friend asked her out she said yes! Anyhow it hurt a lot seeing some girl that youve pretty much been going out with walking hand in hand with your friend. Needless to say I got the balls, told her what I thought and she decided she wanted to be with me. And now weve been together 2 and a half year so happy ending.
    Such a nice ending lol!! Wish I could do that, were you really good friends with her? I have had the oppurtunity, but they would all be through one night stands and like I said i'm not going for that so I usually keep my distance from any girl looking for some lol

ReputationRep:
    Such a nice ending lol!! Wish I could do that, were you really good friends with her? I have had the oppurtunity, but they would all be through one night stands and like I said i'm not going for that so I usually keep my distance from any girl looking for some lol
    yeah good friends and it we both knew we liked each other, I was just a sissy.

Just a tip, if your both virgins, the first few times you do it can be pretty poor, both not really knowing exactly what youre doing. Not that id advocate a one night stand just for experience but in the end it all helps.

(Original post by supernova2)
    yeah good friends and it we both knew we liked each other, I was just a sissy.

Just a tip, if your both virgins, the first few times you do it can be pretty poor, both not really knowing exactly what youre doing. Not that id advocate a one night stand just for experience but in the end it all helps.
    Well my problem is that I never know if the girls I like, like me or think of me in that way as well. I understand the experience thing, one girl came on to me and apparently she is a massive sleaze so i'm sure she would be great experience lol

ReputationRep:
    Well Jimmy Carr didnt lose his virginity till 26, and now look at him...

ReputationRep:
    He is a little bit strange though isnt he...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.