BA economics - can't find modules list ?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The website gives an overview but I can't see what the actual modules are to get a better feel for the course, I know they can change each year but can anybody find them please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumofson)
    The website gives an overview but I can't see what the actual modules are to get a better feel for the course, I know they can change each year but can anybody find them please?
    Yh I had the same problem. But I'm in coventry now.
    Heres a list:
    100ECN - Principles of Economics 1 - 1617OCTJAN
    101ECN - Principles of Economics 2 - 1617JANMAY
    112ECN - Mathematical Techniques for Economists - 1617OCTJAN
    113ECN - Introduction to Statistics for Economics - 1617JANMAY
    114ECN - Current Issues in Applied Economics - 1617JANMAY
    119ECN - Developing Academic and Professional Skills 1 - 1617OCTJAN

ReputationRep:
    That's a great help thanks, I can't actually see the full details and it needs a log in but at least I get the idea.
    How are you finding it - the course and the place ?My son likes the look of the place but predicted grades are Economics A History B and Maths C - so he's trying to find courses that are not quite so Math heavy.

Entry level says A-Levels: BBB , hope he has a chance with his predictions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumofson)
    That's a great help thanks, I can't actually see the full details and it needs a log in but at least I get the idea.
    How are you finding it - the course and the place ?My son likes the look of the place but predicted grades are Economics A History B and Maths C - so he's trying to find courses that are not quite so Math heavy.

Entry level says A-Levels: BBB , hope he has a chance with his predictions ?
    Yh He definitely has a strong chance annd will be accepted, The course isn't too Intense, With all economics courses you will have maths. Since he's done A level maths it shouldnt be too hard. So far the maths alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayowapops)
    Yh He definitely has a strong chance annd will be accepted, The course isn't too Intense, With all economics courses you will have maths. Since he's done A level maths it shouldnt be too hard. So far the maths alright.
    Thanks again, it's been hard trying to find universities that he can actually apply to because of the Maths, he's wiped out a few who even though are BA seem very maths heavy in the modules.

Do you like the uni and the town ? What was your deciding factor to pick Coventry ?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.