Got detention for burping again

Announcements Posted on

Hi guys i just got detention again for burping in the corridor at school even though i said excuse me . its my second detention for burping in the space of a month i just dont seem to be able to hold burps in and its getting me in trouble . Has anyone got any advice on how i can control my problem

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys i just got detention again for burping in the corridor at school even though i said excuse me . its my second detention for burping in the space of a month i just dont seem to be able to hold burps in and its getting me in trouble . Has anyone got any advice on how i can control my problem
    Clearly they dont see it as accidental. Go to the Drs and get a letter supporting the fact that you have a condition rather than it being intentional. I remain suspect about it not being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Stop drinking fizzy drinks.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Clearly they dont see it as accidental. Go to the Drs and get a letter supporting the fact that you have a condition rather than it being intentional. I remain suspect about it not being.
    I burped again in the Canteen at lunch after eating it appears i am gassy lately as my mum reckons i am eating to fast and its giving me problems so sometimes i may burp as i am getting intergestion so basicly if i deigest my food properly at break and luchtime that should cut out the problem

ReputationRep:
    Never heard anyone getting a detention for this. *What kind of school do you go to? *If it is a medical thing than see your gp. Could be something simple such as drinking fizzy drinks or swallowing too much air when eating which could sort this out for you. Good luck

(Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Never heard anyone getting a detention for this. *What kind of school do you go to? *If it is a medical thing than see your gp. Could be something simple such as drinking fizzy drinks or swallowing too much air when eating which could sort this out for you. Good luck
    It turns i was eating fast during break and lunch i think and was swallowing to much out then had to burp and i couldant help myself my mum spoke to my doctor she thinks i may have had integestion the teacher who gave me detention only made me have it for 10 minutes so it was fine

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of covering your mouth?

ReputationRep:
    It's really easy to burp without making noise (unless one minute you're normal and the next minute you've got explosions coming out of your mouth).

Besides, it's not really *your* problem... it's the teachers' problem; they've obviously never heard of "better out than in",

ReputationRep:
    you can get a certificate from your doctor explaining that you have a genuine medical condition ? you should be able to claim compensation from the school for your unlawful imprisonment.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can get burps from eating too fast as there will be more air bubbles trapped in the food. Also, you may be eating too much. Also, you may be unhealthy. Research this on the itnernet.

Get some relief. A simple remedy is some Warm water, lemon, salt, ginger - something like that research.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    its been sorted it appears it may have been a degestive issue after i was eating at break or lunch i am stll burping a little but my head of year said as long as i excuse myself and dont keep doing it constantly i want get in trouble as one girl sat near me did complain to a teacher as my burps were annoying her and she said the smelt bad but after that its been ok

(Original post by Luneth)
    Have you heard of covering your mouth?
    I did but the teacher didant see she just asked someone who burped i said excuse me i did and she was like at lunch go to detention

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.