The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast Postgraduate Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johnny181
When does the 2017 PhD EEECs studentships become available online? I had a look at the school website, and it appears to have the 2016 ones up?

Hi there Johnny181,

I'm looking into this for you and will be back in touch when I have an answer. :popout:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Johnny181
When does the 2017 PhD EEECs studentships become available online? I had a look at the school website, and it appears to have the 2016 ones up?

Hi Johnny181,

You can now read about the PhD Studentships available for the School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science here.

Hopefully there will be a proposed project area that you will be interested in!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there, has any nursing interview offers been sent out yet?
Original post by lantender25
Hi there, has any nursing interview offers been sent out yet?

Hi there lantander25,

Can I just double check if it is a postgrad nursing course that you have applied for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there lantander25,

Can I just double check if it is a postgrad nursing course that you have applied for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

thanks for getting back to me, no it was undergrad.
Original post by lantender25
thanks for getting back to me, no it was undergrad.

Hello again lantender25 :hello:

As it's fast approaching the UCAS deadline our Admissions team are currently working their way through a lot of applications so hopefully you'll hear something back very soon.

If you contact our Admissions team directly giving them your name and UCAS number they should be able to let you know the current status of invites to interview.

You can call them on 028 9097 3838 or email them at [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best of luck! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi. I've received an unconditional offer for the MA in History. How long may I wait before accepting/rejecting before the offer is taken away/made none guaranteed?
Original post by adamrules247
Hi. I've received an unconditional offer for the MA in History. How long may I wait before accepting/rejecting before the offer is taken away/made none guaranteed?

Hi adamrules247,

Firstly congratulations on your offer! :congrats:

I've had a word with our Postgraduate Admissions team and they generally ask that people reply within 14 days of receiving an offer (although they do not retract offers).

However, their advice is that if you are still unsure about your final decision the best course of action is to accept ALL offers you have received until you have definitely made up your mind. If then at a later stage you decide a certain university or course isn't right for you, you can always then reject the offers you have decided against. Each school makes more offers to students than places available for this reason, and so it is always better to have your place guaranteed instead of trying to accept at a much later date when perhaps all the places have gone.

If you have any other questions just let me know and hopefully we'll see you on campus soon!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
For those of you considering a Masters or PhD after finishing your current degree course, one of our student bloggers has written a piece on managing the transition between undergraduate and postgraduate study.

You can read about her experience and what to expect here.
Reply 29
I have applied for a Masters in Human Resource Management. I do not have a degree in HR, I have a degree in sociology, however does not meet the required grade. I am due to finish a diploma - Level 5 in Human Resource Management, I also have extensive experience in management and HR which may be considered in place of meeting the required academic qualifications, so I suspect I will have to complete an interview. Do you know how long it normally is before applicant receives notification of acceptance or an interview? Thank you
Anyone else applied to study MSc Software Development?
Original post by Vic1985
I have applied for a Masters in Human Resource Management. I do not have a degree in HR, I have a degree in sociology, however does not meet the required grade. I am due to finish a diploma - Level 5 in Human Resource Management, I also have extensive experience in management and HR which may be considered in place of meeting the required academic qualifications, so I suspect I will have to complete an interview. Do you know how long it normally is before applicant receives notification of acceptance or an interview? Thank you

Hi Vic1985,

For postgraduate applications there are no deadlines or set time frames involved so reply times can vary.

The best thing to do is contact our admissions team directly and they will be able to let you know the current position of your application. You can email them at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0)28 9097 3838.

Wishing you the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi,

I've just created a new thread posting about how there's only 500 characters for the Personal Statement section of the online application system (MA). Did everyone else have the same issue? How do they select candidates then? Also, does anyone know if references are taking up prior or after offers are made?
Hi, Just wondering as to how long it roughly takes for post grad courses to get back to you? I applied for MSc Software Development over 3 weeks ago and I know most staff would have been off over Easter but how long does it usually take to get a response?

Thanks.
Original post by dg098765
Hi, Just wondering as to how long it roughly takes for post grad courses to get back to you? I applied for MSc Software Development over 3 weeks ago and I know most staff would have been off over Easter but how long does it usually take to get a response?

Thanks.

Hi dg098765,

The rates of response can vary but you can contact our Postgrad admissions team to check what stage of the process your application is at.

You can call them on +44 (0)28 9097 5081 or email them on [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best with your application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello. I was wondering what happens after we accept the offer, while being unsure of our decision? Do we have to pay the deposit within the 14-day cooling off period? Or is there another deadline for the deposit payment?
Original post by oceansunfish
Hello. I was wondering what happens after we accept the offer, while being unsure of our decision? Do we have to pay the deposit within the 14-day cooling off period? Or is there another deadline for the deposit payment?

Hi oceansunfish,

I've just replied to your post on the Undergrad thread. I'm going to get you the details of a representative who can help with your queries.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello. Can anyone kindly tell me what the cost of a Postgraduate Diploma is at QUB? Please don't direct me to a website, as I've checked all sources online
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eggs and Ham
Hello. Can anyone kindly tell me what the cost of a Postgraduate Diploma is at QUB? Please don't direct me to a website, as I've checked all sources online

Hi Eggs and Ham,

The fees for Postgraduate study vary depending on where you are applying from and what the course is. Do you have a particular area of study that you are interested in?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Eggs and Ham,

The fees for Postgraduate study vary depending on where you are applying from and what the course is. Do you have a particular area of study that you are interested in?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

What do you mean by 'where you are applying from'? I thought it was the same fee for everyone?

Is there a reason the fee isn't mentioned on the website, given we can view the MA fees?

The ones I'm interested in are Politics, English and Anthropology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending