The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Campus Photos

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jorme431
Is there any pictures of the new computing building?

Hi there jorme431,

Because the Computer Science building is so new we don't have many images of it yet! :doh:

I'll get a few photographs from inside for you during the week but in the meantime here's one of the exterior. Isn't it amazing!

Are you still considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by michaelsaylliom
Thank you for the pictures they look great! I've sent off my application 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back yet :smile:

Hi again michaelsaylliom:hat2:

The Admissions team are currently receiving a high volume of applications in the run up to the UCAS deadline.

Hopefully you'll hear back from them very soon with good news. Good luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there jorme431,

Because the Computer Science building is so new we don't have many images of it yet! :doh:

I'll get a few photographs from inside for you during the week but in the meantime here's one of the exterior. Isn't it amazing!

Are you still considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

I am still applying for queens next year as its my main choice plus my ucas is sent so I am just waiting for it now
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jorme431
I am still applying for queens next year as its my main choice plus my ucas is sent so I am just waiting for it now

Hi jorme431,

As promised, here are a few more images of the Computer Science building. That's the first time I've been inside it and have to say it is very impressive.

Best of luck with the application! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi jorme431,

As promised, here are a few more images of the Computer Science building. That's the first time I've been inside it and have to say it is very impressive.

Best of luck with the application! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank's for the pictures the new place looks very nice and can't wait to hear back from ucas if I got into Queens as its seem to be the best building in Northern Ireland. :cyber:
Hi! I got my offer from Queens to study History and Spanish Undergraduate next year (so excited! :smile:), so could you put up some photos of where History and Spanish are taught (maybe the inside too?) x
Original post by katyoherbert213
Hi! I got my offer from Queens to study History and Spanish Undergraduate next year (so excited! :smile:), so could you put up some photos of where History and Spanish are taught (maybe the inside too?) x

Hi there kathyoherbert213,

First of all congratulations on getting your offer! :rave:

The History and Spanish degree is part of the School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics. The School itself is situated on University Square which runs alongside our main Lanyon Building meaning it is right on our main campus.

I've included a few images of their building for you to look at.

Are you familiar with Belfast? The School is close to Botanic, Stranmillis and the Lisburn Road etc so is very central for transport, local accommodation and plenty of social hot spots!

If you have any questions please let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Queen's Students' Union is located just across the road from the main Lanyon building and is home to a wide range of student services. It has four entertainment venues (I know this is what you're most interested in hearing about! :danceboy:) - The Speakeasy, the Bunatee, Bar Sub and the renowned music and entertainment venue Mandela Hall. As well as these, there are coffee shops, a bank, a book shop, an electrical shop, meeting spaces and a student advice centre.
(edited 7 years ago)
Queen's Students' Union is located just across the road from the main Lanyon building and is home to a wide range of student services. It has four entertainment venues (I know this is what you're most interested in hearing about! :danceboy:) - The Speakeasy, the Bunatee , Bar Sub and the renowned music and entertainment venue Mandela Hall. As well as these, there are coffee shops, a bank, a book shop, an electrical shop, meeting spaces and a student advice centre.

A lot of students are interested in finding out about Belfast - where do we start? It's a city rich in history and cultural heritage - we now even boast the world's best tourist attraction, Titanic Belfast!

It's also packed with places to enjoy great food, fun nights out, exciting events and to shop 'til you drop!

But why don't you have a little look for yourself...
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's not forget about the amazing spaces and places we also have on our doorstep, just beyond the city. Beautiful beaches and scenery that will take your breath away - the very reason why our North Coast is home to world wide TV hit, Game of Thrones!
Seeing as it's almost the holiday season, here is the beautiful Queen's Lanyon building looking picture postcard perfect in a dusting of snow. :snowman:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Computer Science building looks great! Was wondering if the Business Information Technology course is taught there or in another building?
Original post by RyanG.
Computer Science building looks great! Was wondering if the Business Information Technology course is taught there or in another building?

Hi there RyanG :hello:

The Business Information Technology degree is actually split 50/50 between the Computer Science building and another location close by called Riddell Hall in Stranmillis. I've included a few images of Riddell Hall below for you to have a look at (it's one of my favourites).

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
The Uni looks like heaven! Btw is it possible for international students to get scholarships there?!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trevish
The Uni looks like heaven! Btw is it possible for international students to get scholarships there?!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello Trevish :hello:

There are actually a number of scholarships on offer to International students at Queen's. You can read what options are available here.

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello Trevish :hello:

There are actually a number of scholarships on offer to International students at Queen's. You can read what options are available here.

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

I read it. Saw something like Self-Funded..
I wanted to try to get a fullpaid scholarship since it's hard for me to pay for my Uni abroad...
I didn't get the self-funded thing still, maybe housing and stuff?
Original post by Trevish
I read it. Saw something like Self-Funded..
I wanted to try to get a fullpaid scholarship since it's hard for me to pay for my Uni abroad...
I didn't get the self-funded thing still, maybe housing and stuff?

Hi again Trevish,

Probably the best option would be to contact our International office directly as they will have a full understanding of what would be available to you and will be able to talk you through the finer details.

You can email them at [email protected]. Please be aware though that the office is now currently closed for the holidays and will reopen on Wednesday 4th January.

Wising you all the very best!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
I realise I didn't offer my thanks before, I know this takes time out of your day so thank you! :smile:

Although my request might be slightly unorthodox; do you have any pictures of Belfast itself as a city? I've not really been able to find much. Just things like natural gardens, the good places and the bad (every city has them)?

Also the scenery pictures you shared, how far away are they roughly from the campus?

I'd like to come here but it's slightly odd picking without knowing where I'm going to be living even looks like :lol:
Original post by SkyRees
I realise I didn't offer my thanks before, I know this takes time out of your day so thank you! :smile:

Although my request might be slightly unorthodox; do you have any pictures of Belfast itself as a city? I've not really been able to find much. Just things like natural gardens, the good places and the bad (every city has them)?

Also the scenery pictures you shared, how far away are they roughly from the campus?

I'd like to come here but it's slightly odd picking without knowing where I'm going to be living even looks like :lol:

Hi SkyRees,

Honestly you are very welcome! It's for that exact reason that I thought a pics thread would be a good idea. It must be very difficult to make a decision about somewhere you've never been before!

One thing that I think is a massive bonus for Queen's is it's location. A lot of universities have their campuses outside of the nearby towns and cities but Queen's is so central. City Hall is about a 10/15 minute walk away from the main campus building at Lanyon.

Visit Belfast is a great resource for getting more info. If you click here you can see their map which should give you an idea of how compact a city Belfast is (you will see Queen's in the centre of the map towards the bottom). If you check out their Instagram as well you'll see some great Images of Belfast and beyond. Their image feed gives a really good illustration of Belfast as a place and captures what it's all about perfectly!

The scenic photographs above are mostly of The North Coast which is around 60 miles away and is accessible by train if you're not bringing a car. There's also numerous pretty local towns and destinations which can be reached by public transport. Discover NI has lots of information on great days out. Dublin is also a short trip away by train so it is fab for a day trip!

The first lot of local photographs I had shared above (that start with City Hall) are all of Belfast city centre itself but I've attached a few more for you. Also I'm going to grab a few pics of the areas immediately adjacent to the main campus later to give you a better idea of the locale of the School you've applied for.

Hope this is helpful!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Quick Reply

Latest