How can we improve TSR's mobile site?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts (site not app)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Thoughts (site not app)
    Add subscriptions back. Really want them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM6)
    Add subscriptions back. Really want them!
    Hiya, what do you mean by subscriptions?

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts (site not app)
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but quoting seems to be really slow. It's only on the mobile site that I experience it. Same with replying to PMs. It's fine on the app and the regular site for me, but the mobile version of the site is just really slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but quoting seems to be really slow. It's only on the mobile site that I experience it. Same with replying to PMs. It's fine on the app and the regular site for me, but the mobile version of the site is just really slow
    Do you mean slow as in, the notification takes a while to come through for you?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, what do you mean by subscriptions?
    When it gave you perks of being a subscriber. E.g. Your username can be in different colours.

ReputationRep:
    Users' profile pages should be a mobile version and not the full version (uses a lot of data) - Sending Visitor Messages should be friendly on data
    Not able to add spoilers or any type of special formatting, this has to be typed manually at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM6)
    When it gave you perks of being a subscriber. E.g. Your username can be in different colours.
    Oh right, so you mean for TSR in general? This thread is about the mobile site. We don't have plans to bring back the subscriber feature anytime soon because it was paid for and we wanted to give everyone everything for free.

(Original post by UWS)
    Users' profile pages should be a mobile version and not the full version (uses a lot of data) - Sending Visitor Messages should be friendly on data
    Not able to add spoilers or any type of special formatting, this has to be typed manually at the moment.
    Thanks! Yeah, I'd love the profile pages to be upgraded for mobile (and generally!) too.
    Noted with the special formatting

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean slow as in, the notification takes a while to come through for you?
    Notifications aren't bad actually, but if I try to quote reply to someone's post then I have to wait a minute before typing anything, because it'll mess up if I just go ahead and type. The quote takes a minute to load into the text box and if I type too soon after it's appeared, then I have to start again because the text goes out of order and just messes up completely

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed how laggy the site is, with typing and whenever you click on a thread. Also with the new ads, there can be rather explicit or obscene content which you may need to monitor. And if you insert a picture into a post, you cannot do it from the files of your phone. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    That's a good point actually. I've gone through all of my data in the last few months since starting to use the mobile site whereas I never even came close before lol

ReputationRep:
    When you accidently tap the top of the screen where notifications are, you have to refresh to get rid of the pop up otherwise you cannot click anything on the page. Please fix this.

The site is also slow, a page loads, you go to tap something then it skips and you tap something you didn't want to read and that loads instead.

There is a thing with quoted posts where lengthy posts are shortened, you click to read more then when you scroll the post is shortened again and you have to keep clicking to read more.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, so you mean for TSR in general? This thread is about the mobile site. We don't have plans to bring back the subscriber feature anytime soon because it was paid for and we wanted to give everyone everything for free.

Thanks! Yeah, I'd love the profile pages to be upgraded for mobile (and generally!) too.
    Noted with the special formatting
    What do you mean by "it was paid for"? I think it would be great if you bought it back, just for people who still really want it.

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if I didn't have to zoom in every time I want to look at my/other users' profiles or the unanswered posts forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Notifications aren't bad actually, but if I try to quote reply to someone's post then I have to wait a minute before typing anything, because it'll mess up if I just go ahead and type. The quote takes a minute to load into the text box and if I type too soon after it's appeared, then I have to start again because the text goes out of order and just messes up completely
    Ah, I understand what you mean.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    I've noticed how laggy the site is, with typing and whenever you click on a thread. Also with the new ads, there can be rather explicit or obscene content which you may need to monitor. And if you insert a picture into a post, you cannot do it from the files of your phone. :mmm:
    Speed sounds like the same as chelseadagg3r's point I think? I'll watch out for the explicit stuff. I haven't seen any myself? We certainly don't allow any explicit advertising.

(Original post by SM6)
    What do you mean by "it was paid for"? I think it would be great if you bought it back, just for people who still really want it.
    It was £3 / month or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I came to say this. I've had some visitor messages recently, and they're awkward to read :sad:

Another thing I would like - although this may just be me - is the ability to easily see people's post count from a thread. This used to be possible but has disappeared recently. When I'm telling people about the new PS Review service I need to see whether they have more than 100 posts, but have to open new tabs and faff around.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I understand what you mean.

Speed sounds like the same as chelseadagg3r's point I think? I'll watch out for the explicit stuff. I haven't seen any myself? We certainly don't allow any explicit advertising.

It was £3 / month or something like that.
    That's actually pretty cheap, I would of definitely bought it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    And if you insert a picture into a post, you cannot do it from the files of your phone. :mmm:
    I think this must depend on your phone, because I can do it from mine

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts (site not app)
    Put a link to "MyTSR" back in the footer above the "Forums" link

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Put a link to "MyTSR" back in the footer above the "Forums" link

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEA SEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
    Oh yeah, we have got that noted from when you posted the other day.

There is another piece of work to make the blue header stick like on desktop however, so I wanted to see where that has got to before putting the link back as that will solve the problem?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever given blood?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.