The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants 2017

Welcome to the Nottingham Trent Applicants' page - 2017 entry

Hi guys, just set up this applicants' page for everyone who has applied or is planning to apply to NTU for 2017! Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!
Name:
Course:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
Offer made?:
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: Tilly
Course: psychology
Undergraduate: yes
Offer made: yes, unconditional if firm choice which it is😁
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Plum1998
Name: Tilly
Course: psychology
Undergraduate: yes
Offer made: yes, unconditional if firm choice which it is😁

They gave you an offer and would make it unconditional if you made them your firm. Congratulations

If you dont mind me asking did you apply for the 3 or 4 year course and what were ypur predicted grades?
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University

Hi guys, just set up this applicants' page for everyone who has applied or is planning to apply to NTU for 2017! Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Name:
Course:
Offer made?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Name: Paige
Course: Criminology
Undergraduate
No offer yet
Reply 4
Original post by TySnaps97
They gave you an offer and would make it unconditional if you made them your firm. Congratulations

If you dont mind me asking did you apply for the 3 or 4 year course and what were ypur predicted grades?

I've applied for the 3 year course, and my predicted grades are triple D*, equivalent to 3 A*'s at A level :smile: are you applying?
Name: Elena
Course: Sport and Exercise Science (4yrSW)
Undergraduate
Offer: 128 UCAS points or unconditional if I make it my firm

Questions: When do I need to apply for support? Will I receive an email or letter from the university regarding my offer? Is there catered accomodation?

Name:
Course:
Offer made?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Name: Chelsea

Course: Animation Undergraduate

I plan to apply soon :biggrin: hopefully I get an offer! I'm pretty sure this is my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Name:
Course:
Offer made?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Name: Emma
Course: Journalism
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made?: No, but I hope to have the application sent off at the end of this week!
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What sort of things do you like to see in a personal statement from a mature applicant?
Reply 8
Original post by Ellie419
Undergraduate

Questions: When do I need to apply for support? Will I receive an email or letter from the university regarding my offer? Is there catered accomodation?

Do you mean support as in funding? I haven't received any emails from them, but if you choose NTU as your firm, they will send us emails regarding a log in for accommodation etc. Also I don't think there are any catered, but they do have different places to eat on campus and there is a costa opposite the student union on the city site :smile: Is NTU your first choice?
Reply 9
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a facebook group chat for all NTU applicants, if you would like to be added to it, please message me on here for my facebook name to send me a request so i can add you :smile:
Original post by Plum1998
Do you mean support as in funding? I haven't received any emails from them, but if you choose NTU as your firm, they will send us emails regarding a log in for accommodation etc. Also I don't think there are any catered, but they do have different places to eat on campus and there is a costa opposite the student union on the city site :smile: Is NTU your first choice?

I'm not sure yet as it depends on what other offers I get as I really like all the unis I've applied to so I'll have to compare. I have special circumstances that the university needs to be aware of and arrangements need to be made such as catered accommodation, and I'll need my accommodation on the campus I'd be on (Which is Clifton)
I'm not sure yet as it depends on what other offers I get as I really like all the unis I've applied to so I'll have to compare. I have special circumstances that the university needs to be aware of and arrangements need to be made such as catered accommodation, and I'll need my accommodation on the campus I'd be on (Which is Clifton)

Ohhh fairs, yeah I dont think they have catered accommodation on Clifton, but don't quote me on it aha, did you state in your UCAS that you have special circumstances? If you did i would presume that if you choose it as your first choice then they will probably contact you, or which ever uni you choose as your first choice aha
Undergraduate

Hi Elena,

Congratulations on your offer! Confirmation and further information will be sent out to you within the coming weeks and so keep an eye out!

In terms of getting support in place the earlier you get in touch with our Student Support Team the better. Get in contact with them and discuss any support requirements you might have.

All of our accommodation is self-catered however there are a number of Taste outlets across all of our campuses which provide tasty, nutritious and value for money food and snacks.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by EmmaCx
Name: Emma
Course: Journalism
Offer made?: No, but I hope to have the application sent off at the end of this week!
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What sort of things do you like to see in a personal statement from a mature applicant?

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your question, firstly make sure that your personal statement is covering all the aspects that we expect to see from all applying students. Have a read of our advice around how to write a personal statement on our website from Laura, from our admissions team.

As a mature student you should seek to explain why you've chosen to come to university now, for further advice check out Which? University's post on writing a personal statement as a mature student.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Reply 14

Name:
Course:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Offer made?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Name: Paige
Course: Criminology
Undergraduate
Unconditional Offer
Name: Tatyana
Course: Fashion Marketing and Branding
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad
Offer made?: Haven't applied yet! Will apply before half term ends.
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What do you love the most about NTU?
Name: Megan
Course: Animal Biology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrad
Offer made?: Not Applied Yet, Still Debating!
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What are the lecturers like? Are they helpful, keep things interesting? What are the facilities like? Are there opportunities for extra credit/experience/study?
Name: Lauren
Course: FdSc Veterinary Nursing
Offer made?: Not yet, but application sent on Thursday.
Original post by MeganKoss
Name: Megan
Course: Animal Biology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrad
Offer made?: Not Applied Yet, Still Debating!
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What are the lecturers like? Are they helpful, keep things interesting? What are the facilities like? Are there opportunities for extra credit/experience/study?

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your question. Animal Biology at NTU is based on our Brackenhurst Campus which is in the Nottinghamshire countryside. The facilities on campus range from our reptile room to our goat paddock, on 200-hectares of rural estate.

According to Unistats, 100% of students studying Animal Biology at NTU were satisfied with their course with 100% of students agreeing that the staff made the subject interesting and were good at explaining things.

In terms of opportunities while studying, taking the sandwich course will give you the opportunity to do a placement year in industry - on the course you will be given the opportunity to focus your studies/work placements on the species of animal that is of most interest to you.

Hope this helps, Megan - let me know if you have any other questions

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by Taefella
Name: Tatyana
Course: Fashion Marketing and Branding
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad
Offer made?: Haven't applied yet! Will apply before half term ends.
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: What do you love the most about NTU?

Hi Tatyana,

What a great question! I love studying on the City Campus, in that everything is within walking distance due to the campus being in Nottingham City Centre! Yet despite the location the campus is very safe and feels like a student community with the lectures, students' union and on-site student accommodation all next to each other.

I think I fell in love with Nottingham as a city, with over 60,000 students calling Nottingham their home there's never a dull moment. There's always something going with a vibrant nightlife scene and there truly is something for everyone, whatever your taste may be!

I realise that they are two things I love about NTU rather than something that I love the most but they are very interlinked. I think that when it comes to deciding your uni choices you also need to consider where you're going to live an what it is like, remembering that you're going to be spending the next 3+ years of your life there and also that there is life outside of lectures!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Quick Reply

Latest