Nottingham
Visit website
Name: Britney
Course: Fashion Communication and Promotion
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made?: Conditional Offer
can i be added to the NTU applicants page please

Original post by Plum1998
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a facebook group chat for all NTU applicants, if you would like to be added to it, please message me on here for my facebook name to send me a request so i can add you :smile:
Name: Georgia
Course: psychology with sociology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
Offer made?: unconditional if I firm, which I have :smile:
Original post by nav5678
Name: Nav
Course: Biomedical Sciences
Offer made?: Yep, conditional
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: Is NTU a city based university?

Hi Nav,

As a student at Nottingham Trent University (NTU), where you'll study depends on your course of interest.

If you decide to study Biomedical Sciences at NTU then you'll be based at our Clifton Campus, just a 20 minute bus ride from the city centre - home to the School of Arts and Humanities, the School of Science and Technology, and Nottingham Institute of Education.

Our Clifton Campus has recently enjoyed a huge multimillion pound investment with the new Pavilion building at the heart of campus. Be sure to check out life at Clifton.

Hope this helps, Nav, let me know if you have any more questions.

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Name: Hollie
Course: Pharmacology
Undergraduate
Offer: Unconditional offer made! :biggrin:
Questions: Do you know how many people are on the Pharmacology course? And do you know how easy is it to take part in the university language programme while studying?
Reply 86
Name: Ash
Course: International Business
Offer made? Unconditional offer - Firmly accepted
Got my acceptance letter :biggrin:

My question is regarding accommodation. I was wondering when we start applying for accommodation and what accommodation people recommend for freshers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nottingham Trent University

Welcome to the Nottingham Trent Applicants' page - 2017 entry

Hi guys, just set up this applicants' page for everyone who has applied or is planning to apply to NTU for 2017! Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Name:
Course:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
Offer made?:
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?:

Thanks,

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Name: Poppy
Course: Law with Psychology
Offer made?: Conditional, BBC or 112 Tariff points
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: Could you tell me the acceptance rates for this course/how popular it is and perhaps the availability of jobs for students there?
Thanks!:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 29aschan
Name: Ash
Course: International Business
Offer made? Unconditional offer - Firmly accepted
Got my acceptance letter :biggrin:

My question is regarding accommodation. I was wondering when we start applying for accommodation and what accommodation people recommend for freshers?

Hi Ash,

Many congratulations on your unconditional offer - welcome to NTU and the Trent Army!

The accommodation booking system opens for unconditional offer holders on Wednesday 1 March 2017 and Wednesday 29 March 2017 for conditional offer holders who have firmed.

As you'll be on the City Campus studying International Business have a look at the accommodation available on the campus and around the city centre.

I lived in Sandby during my first year at NTU and loved my time there, you get to meet so many people in halls which means there's always something going on!

Hope this helps, Ash, let me know if you have any more questions relating to accommodation or anything else about NTU.

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by NevanM
Name: Nevan
Course: Law With Business LLB
Offer made?: Yes (offer was made two hours) Conditional offer tho :frown: But still delighted :biggrin:

What was the offer?
Reply 90
Course: Fashion Marketing and Branding
Offer: Offer made and unconditional if put as firm
Name: Lucy
Course: Animal Biology
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrauate
Offer made?: Unconditional if firmed!!
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: I know that the course is assessed by exams, coursework and a portfolio, but what would ebe in this portfolio?? I'm going to the open day in feb but just wanted to see if anyone knew.
Name: Grace
Course: Animal Biology
Offer made?: Unconditional if firm
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?:
Is it usual for students to choose to live in the city as opposed to Brackenhurst Campus?
Reply 93
Name: Cara
Course: Psychology with Criminology
Undergrad
Offer: Unconditional
Reply 94
Name: Cara
Course: Psychology with Criminology
Undergrad
Offer made: unconditional
Reply 95
Name: Joy
Course: Law with Business
Undergraduate/ Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer Made: Conditional
Does anyone know when and how you apply for accommodation? I've heard it's got something to do with after you make your firm choice, etc. The thing is I've got offers from all of my choices apart from one which is still on referred, so I have to wait for that decision before I select the firm and insurance choice. Thanks.
Name: Aaron
Course: Marketing
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrad
Offer made?: BBB
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: have you heard about Union State accomodation, also known as victoria halls, is it a very popular place for ntu students?
Original post by Hollie_Jessop
Name: Hollie
Course: Pharmacology
Undergraduate
Offer: Unconditional offer made! :biggrin:
Questions: Do you know how many people are on the Pharmacology course? And do you know how easy is it to take part in the university language programme while studying?

Hi Hollie,

Unfortunately, I don’t know how many people are on the Pharmacology course. The University Language Programme is open to all NTU students and gives you the opportunity to learn a range of languages. To find out more check out our website.

Hope this helps, Hollie, let me know if there’s anything else I can help with :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by Obscure_But_Here
Course: Law with Psychology
Offer made?: Conditional, BBC or 112 Tariff points
Any questions that you would like to ask Tim?: Could you tell me the acceptance rates for this course/how popular it is and perhaps the availability of jobs for students there?
Thanks!:smile:

Hi Poppy,

The Law with Psychology course is very popular, unfortunately I can’t tell you the acceptance rates for the course.

In terms of employability, 100% of LLB Law with Psychology graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving NTU. Completing the course with a 2.2 or above will guarantee you a place on the LLM Legal Practice course which 100% of postgraduate leavers are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (DLHE survey 2014-15).

In terms of part jobs for students there are plenty of opportunities around the city and the university for students, which will not only give you a bit of extra cash but will boost your CV and graduate prospects. We have our own JobShop website for NTU students with part-time vacancies in Nottingham.

Hope this helps :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by Joy19
Name: Joy
Course: Law with Business
Undergraduate/ Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer Made: Conditional
Does anyone know when and how you apply for accommodation? I've heard it's got something to do with after you make your firm choice, etc. The thing is I've got offers from all of my choices apart from one which is still on referred, so I have to wait for that decision before I select the firm and insurance choice. Thanks.

Hi Joy,

Congratulations on your offer!

If you require accommodation for September 2017, the online booking system will open on Wednesday 1 March for unconditional offer holders and Wednesday 29 March for conditional offer holders. Once you have secured Nottingham Trent University as your first choice you’ll be able to book your accommodation from those dates.

For more information on booking NTU accommodation, take a look at our website.

Hope this helps, Joy let me know if there’s anything else :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending