ACCA after graduation in Science?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused and excited at the same time for a new turn in my life lol
    I chose science at a Russell group university but I'm not interested in pursuing a career in Science or anything, I was good in the subject but later on, I lost my interest studying it for three years, I guess I didn't have a good relationship with my tutor and lecturers like many other students and that dented my performance . At college I had an internship at UBS where I became interested in banking but at that point I was determined to study Chemistry at university and I don't regret it at all.
    Now you might ask... "should've studied finance or accounting at uni or maybe law", but to be honest Chemistry was my first love since school and I was loyal to it all the way.
    I'm planning to do a Masters in it but I'm more inspired to do ACCA.
    Now getting to the point
    ACCA vs Masters
    ACCA = 3 yrs
    MSc = 1 yr
    ACCA = greater reputation
    MSc = extra addition to BSc
    I'm not sure about the difficulty level of ACCA but have researched that some papers are very very hard to pass like the percentage of people passing one of the papers is 33% at first sit :O
    Getting into investment banking with my degree is possible but I'm limited only to the research side of IB.
    I'm fond of flexibility and adaptation hence why I want to do ACCA.
    Also I'm not sure about the fees apart from the examination, enrolment, books etc.
    MSc is 9k min depending on the uni.

Just to clarify any concerns
    I've got dine the following A-levels
    Law A
    Chemistry A
    Maths B
    As- Biology b

Desire for ACCA - 98%
    Desire for MSc. - 50%

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.