classics university applications 2017

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey! i thought it would be useful to have a thread for all classics applicants to discuss offers, interview help, courses, oxbridge exam advice etc

i've applied for bristol, ucl, oxford, kcl and edinburgh and will soon apply to trinity college dublin. so far i have a bristol offer for AAA. i do latin, english, history and RS for a level

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thought I'd join you in your thread!
    I've applied to Cambridge, Exeter, Warwick and Newcastle and will apply to Duhram sooner or later. I have an AAA offer from Exeter (my second choice) and an AAB offer from Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I have applied to:
    Cambridge (St Johns College) - invite to interview
    Durham
    St Andrews
    Kings College London - offer of AAB

I have an offer from Kings (AAB), I have been invited to interview at Cambridge (it's the 7th Dec) and have not yet heard back from the other 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennym1957)
    Hi, thought I'd join you in your thread!
    I've applied to Cambridge, Exeter, Warwick and Newcastle and will apply to Duhram sooner or later. I have an AAA offer from Exeter (my second choice) and an AAB offer from Warwick.
    Hiya! I've applied to Exeter too, but haven't heard anything back . Just wondering, when did you get your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalahari99)
    Hiya! I've applied to Exeter too, but haven't heard anything back . Just wondering, when did you get your offer?
    A while ago - October 20th, but I applied at the end of September. Have you heard back from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennym1957)
    A while ago - October 20th, but I applied at the end of September. Have you heard back from anywhere else?
    Yeah, have had offers from KCL and Nottingham . Also applied to Oxford and St Andrew's, so obvs nothing from them yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I applied to Oxford, KCL, Bristol, Newcastle and Manchester. So far I have offers from kings (AAB) and Manchester (ABB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalahari99)
    Yeah, have had offers from KCL and Nottingham . Also applied to Oxford and St Andrew's, so obvs nothing from them yet!
    (Original post by tammy03)
    Hey!
    I applied to Oxford, KCL, Bristol, Newcastle and Manchester. So far I have offers from kings (AAB) and Manchester (ABB)
    Which Oxford colleges did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adaword)
    Which Oxford colleges did you apply to?
    Worcester

ReputationRep:
    Exeter - you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to study Classics at Cambridge (Pembroke College). I'm beginning to think that I haven't been invited to interview. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to Cambridge Classics, if so have you heard anything back? Should I expect the worst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar.p.mchale)
    Hi, I've applied to study Classics at Cambridge (Pembroke College). I'm beginning to think that I haven't been invited to interview. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to Cambridge Classics, if so have you heard anything back? Should I expect the worst?
    I've applied to Queens' and haven't heard anything either. I've decided I'm too busy to panic at the moment and am putting it off at least until Monday as that would be two weeks before the first interview date!! People do get invited very late on, so I don't think there's a need to really worry yet - remember if they think you have a chance of meeting the grades, they will probably interview you.

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for Cambridge Classics last Friday (St Johns)
    I wouldn't worry, I seem to have got my invitation unusually early!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Cambridge classics (Homerton) but haven't heard from them yet . Just checked the interview info and they've only invited natural science applicants. The emails are sent on the 3rd and 4th week of November so I guess we should wait ..

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    How long did it take King's to get back to you? Sent mine over a week ago now and haven't heard back yet, probably just me being paranoid but I'm worried haha

ReputationRep:
    Ah hey I'm an Irish student and applying to do Classics II A in Oxford (corpus christi) and have been accepted for an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romakaji)
    How long did it take King's to get back to you? Sent mine over a week ago now and haven't heard back yet, probably just me being paranoid but I'm worried haha
    It took 3 exactly weeks. Aw don't worry! It takes ages for them to answer back to everyone. I was just lucky, but I'm still waiting on Newcastle and Bristol. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davrn)
    Ah hey I'm an Irish student and applying to do Classics II A in Oxford (corpus christi) and have been accepted for an interview
    Ah congrats! I'm so scared I'm gonna get a rejection even before interview I applied to worcester college for classics with oriental studies

ReputationRep:
    Ah congrats! I'm so scared I'm gonna get a rejection even before interview I applied to worcester college for classics with oriental studies
    Ah I wouldn't worry too much, I'd say they would have processed my application quickly as I will have to come from abroad

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm applying for Classics IA at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and Exeter - and I've got an AAA offer from Exeter! Haven't heard back about an Oxford interview yet, but fingers crossed

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 21, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.