classics university applications 2017

Watch
adaword
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey! i thought it would be useful to have a thread for all classics applicants to discuss offers, interview help, courses, oxbridge exam advice etc

i've applied for bristol, ucl, oxford, kcl and edinburgh and will soon apply to trinity college dublin. so far i have a bristol offer for AAA. i do latin, english, history and RS for a level
jennym1957
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, thought I'd join you in your thread!
I've applied to Cambridge, Exeter, Warwick and Newcastle and will apply to Duhram sooner or later. I have an AAA offer from Exeter (my second choice) and an AAB offer from Warwick.
ellewilk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!
I have applied to:
Cambridge (St Johns College) - invite to interview
Durham
St Andrews
Kings College London - offer of AAB

I have an offer from Kings (AAB), I have been invited to interview at Cambridge (it's the 7th Dec) and have not yet heard back from the other 2.
Kalahari99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jennym1957)
Hi, thought I'd join you in your thread!
I've applied to Cambridge, Exeter, Warwick and Newcastle and will apply to Duhram sooner or later. I have an AAA offer from Exeter (my second choice) and an AAB offer from Warwick.
Hiya! I've applied to Exeter too, but haven't heard anything back . Just wondering, when did you get your offer?
jennym1957
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kalahari99)
Hiya! I've applied to Exeter too, but haven't heard anything back . Just wondering, when did you get your offer?
A while ago - October 20th, but I applied at the end of September. Have you heard back from anywhere else?
Kalahari99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jennym1957)
A while ago - October 20th, but I applied at the end of September. Have you heard back from anywhere else?
Yeah, have had offers from KCL and Nottingham . Also applied to Oxford and St Andrew's, so obvs nothing from them yet!
tammy03
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey!
I applied to Oxford, KCL, Bristol, Newcastle and Manchester. So far I have offers from kings (AAB) and Manchester (ABB)
adaword
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Kalahari99)
Yeah, have had offers from KCL and Nottingham . Also applied to Oxford and St Andrew's, so obvs nothing from them yet!
(Original post by tammy03)
Hey!
I applied to Oxford, KCL, Bristol, Newcastle and Manchester. So far I have offers from kings (AAB) and Manchester (ABB)
Which Oxford colleges did you apply to?
tammy03
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adaword)
Which Oxford colleges did you apply to?
Worcester
Kalahari99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exeter - you?
Oscar.p.mchale
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I've applied to study Classics at Cambridge (Pembroke College). I'm beginning to think that I haven't been invited to interview. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to Cambridge Classics, if so have you heard anything back? Should I expect the worst?
jennym1957
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Oscar.p.mchale)
Hi, I've applied to study Classics at Cambridge (Pembroke College). I'm beginning to think that I haven't been invited to interview. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to Cambridge Classics, if so have you heard anything back? Should I expect the worst?
I've applied to Queens' and haven't heard anything either. I've decided I'm too busy to panic at the moment and am putting it off at least until Monday as that would be two weeks before the first interview date!! People do get invited very late on, so I don't think there's a need to really worry yet - remember if they think you have a chance of meeting the grades, they will probably interview you.
ellewilk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an interview for Cambridge Classics last Friday (St Johns)
I wouldn't worry, I seem to have got my invitation unusually early!
Mark_98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have applied to Cambridge classics (Homerton) but haven't heard from them yet . Just checked the interview info and they've only invited natural science applicants. The emails are sent on the 3rd and 4th week of November so I guess we should wait ..
romakaji
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey!
How long did it take King's to get back to you? Sent mine over a week ago now and haven't heard back yet, probably just me being paranoid but I'm worried haha
Davrn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah hey I'm an Irish student and applying to do Classics II A in Oxford (corpus christi) and have been accepted for an interview
tammy03
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by romakaji)
How long did it take King's to get back to you? Sent mine over a week ago now and haven't heard back yet, probably just me being paranoid but I'm worried haha
It took 3 exactly weeks. Aw don't worry! It takes ages for them to answer back to everyone. I was just lucky, but I'm still waiting on Newcastle and Bristol. I'm sure you'll get an offer soon
tammy03
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davrn)
Ah hey I'm an Irish student and applying to do Classics II A in Oxford (corpus christi) and have been accepted for an interview
Ah congrats! I'm so scared I'm gonna get a rejection even before interview I applied to worcester college for classics with oriental studies
Davrn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah congrats! I'm so scared I'm gonna get a rejection even before interview I applied to worcester college for classics with oriental studies
Ah I wouldn't worry too much, I'd say they would have processed my application quickly as I will have to come from abroad
bellafez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!
I'm applying for Classics IA at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and Exeter - and I've got an AAA offer from Exeter! Haven't heard back about an Oxford interview yet, but fingers crossed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed