Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Help needed

    • Thread Starter

    Is there any alternative route to physiotherapy. i.e an apprenticeship,trainee programme etc?

    (Original post by raees97)
    Is there any alternative route to physiotherapy. i.e an apprenticeship,trainee programme etc?
    No, in order to be a fully qualified physiotherapist you need to be registered with the HCPC which requires a BSc, the only other method is for postgraduates. If you haven't met the entry requirements you may be able to resit, do another course such as a BTEC or an access course.

    You could apply to be a physiotherapy assistant, but if you wanted to go on to do the degree and become a qualified physio you would still need to meet the entry requirements for the degree. *
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

How many mugs of tea do you drink a day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.