Flatmate heard me having sex? What should I do

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've had sex only around 3 times since I moved into halls a few months ago. She's told me she's heard me have sex (awkward) I understand it obviously won't have been pleasant for her but I also want to feel comfortable in the flat as much as she does. I mean it's not as if I do it every night...

She's quite funny about any of our flat mates having boys over, she said that we have to tell her before we have any male over because she wears a headscarf which is fair enough but she won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand. She's in her room 90% of the time so I don't really know what to do.

Anyone had this problem with flat mates hearing you have sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellee0)
    I've had sex only around 3 times since I moved into halls a few months ago. She's told me she's heard me have sex (awkward) I understand it obviously won't have been pleasant for her but I also want to feel comfortable in the flat as much as she does. I mean it's not as if I do it every night...

She's quite funny about any of our flat mates having boys over, she said that we have to tell her before we have any male over because she wears a headscarf which is fair enough but she won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand. She's in her room 90% of the time so I don't really know what to do.

Were you loud you think? Do the other flatmates have sex with their bfs over there? Maybe ask other flatmates... or try to be less loud

ReputationRep:
    She won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand.
    She doesn't give it or you haven't asked?

ReputationRep:
    If you aren't being loud sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards bc of her religious beliefs. She knew what to expect in uni halls :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Were you loud you think? Do the other flatmates have sex with their bfs over there? Maybe ask other flatmates... or try to be less loud
    No was quiet so no one would hear but my bed is squeaky so maybe she heard that!

Rest of my flat mates all have boyfriends too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    She doesn't give it or you haven't asked?
    We've asked a few times, everyone in our flat except her are all in a group chat

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    If you aren't being loud sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards bc of her religious beliefs. She knew what to expect in uni halls :rolleyes:
    Yeah I thought that! I didn't wanna be inconsiderate though but she's making it out like I should never have sex ever haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol ' only 3 times'

ReputationRep:
    I sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards
    Bad turn of phrase

ReputationRep:
    Well its not like you can go back in time and change what she heard so there really is nothing you can do. She seems difficult if she can't even give a phone number or a contact, how else are you suppose to let her know or does she just assume you all will not bring anyone over because of her? And if she wants to be difficult then she'll just have to put up with it and besides she can't make the rules for everyone, its all about compromising.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought that! I didn't wanna be inconsiderate though but she's making it out like I should never have sex ever haha
    Maybe get your bed fixed anyway? I'm working at a live in job and mine is squeaky too. :lol:

But if she starts trying to push you have to put your foot down. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal but sometimes religious flat mates or landlords can be trouble. They try to push their views on you

(Original post by Reality Check)
    Bad turn of phrase
    Lmao I knew someone would mention that!

ReputationRep:
    Don't moan so loud next time then or get a bed that doesn't creak too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lol ' only 3 times'
    Yeah I don't have him over all the time is the point I was trying to make haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't have him over all the time is the point I was trying to make haha
    Oh it's 1 person , i assumed it was different people. That's pretty infrequent for a uni student i guess. If the sex you have is very loud then i'd be annoyed if i could hear it through headphones.

ReputationRep:

I understand it might be somewhat embarrassing on your behalf, but lots of people have sex in halls, and, given their construction, this is sometimes audible to those outside of the room. Obviously it's courteous to not make excessive noise, but people are going to have sex and most people manage to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana1989-1994 :rofl:

You loud?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to do anything! You've not done anything wrong. *

ReputationRep:
    3 different guys?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get your bed fixed anyway? I'm working at a live in job and mine is squeaky too. :lol:

But if she starts trying to push you have to put your foot down. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal but sometimes religious flat mates or landlords can be trouble. They try to push their views on you

Lmao I knew someone would mention that!

Our landlord is rubbish! I'd fix it myself if I knew how because even if I'm not having sex rolling over to the other side of the bed makes so much noise!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever given blood?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.