Lied about not being a virgin

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

So basically we were playing drinking games and told everyone that I wasn't a virgin and what not and I feel like the lie has gone too far and I can't keep it up but I feel like I can't now say 'oh i lied' coz people will think that I'm such a *****.

I thought it was a good idea at the time coz I was a bit drunk but now I'm seriously regretting it and my friends from home want to come and visit but if we all play together, they'll obviously find out that I lied :/

I dunno what to do, I feel like such an idiot... its not even that big of a deal that I haven't lost it yet but now I have made it into a big deal.

HALP PLZ

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It's your life, why should something such as that be of anybody else concern?

ReputationRep:
    In what way has it gone too far? Did you claim to be into something super kinky and now others want to try it with you?

If literally all you've said is that you're not a virgin then I doubt anyone is even really thinking about it. It's not a big deal whether you are or aren't. No one's going to dwell on that fact!

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone who wasn't a virgin care about who was a virgin. If anything people's responses are likely to be 'good on you for waiting for a good experience, I wish I had'. It's not great to lie but tbh you can either be like 'oh did I say that? must have been really drunk' (if you just drank, if you came up with a whole story then maybe don't try it) or just be like 'yeah I was a bit embarassed but oh well I'm a virgin'. I doubt anyone will care.

(Original post by sinfonietta)
    In what way has it gone too far? Did you claim to be into something super kinky and now others want to try it with you?

If literally all you've said is that you're not a virgin then I doubt anyone is even really thinking about it. It's not a big deal whether you are or aren't. No one's going to dwell on that fact!
    I think it just has gone on too long like I'm seriously regretting it and its eating away at me, I'm just the type of person to worry about what people think of me which is probably why I lied in the first place but I just don't know how to come clean... because I would like to and just start fresh...

I was just planning to get incredibly drunk on night and blurt it out...

FML

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean the lie has gone too far? Unless you maintained the story that you banged Kate Upton or something along those lines, then I don't see a problem.

ReputationRep:
    You need to chill out, it seriously doesn't matter that you've done this. If the truth comes out, people will be like "oh okay, cool". If not, it doesn't matter. CHILL OUT.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    I've never seen anyone who wasn't a virgin care about who was a virgin. If anything people's responses are likely to be 'good on you for waiting for a good experience, I wish I had'. It's not great to lie but tbh you can either be like 'oh did I say that? must have been really drunk' (if you just drank, if you came up with a whole story then maybe don't try it) or just be like 'yeah I was a bit embarassed but oh well I'm a virgin'. I doubt anyone will care.
    thanks for the reply! I might just get drunk again and come clean with the phrases youve suggested... I feel like its been eating away at me for a bit now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What do you mean the lie has gone too far? Unless you maintained the story that you banged Kate Upton or something along those lines, then I don't see a problem.
    To be honest, I wouldn't see the problem if they /did/ bang Kate Upton.

I knew somebody who did this and lost it not long after. I don't think anybody is still aware, including the person who took it, that he still had it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.