25 and 18, age gap weird or?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    just wondering
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say so. When I was 18, I had a 25 year old boyfriend. It's difficult, but not wrong or weird

ReputationRep:
    It's weird but who cares.

Its quite large but seen larger.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit weird, but you're an adult do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is imo. Not illegal though so do what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that bad, but tbh if you're happy with that person then don't let it stop you from being with that person

ReputationRep:
    At 25 you should know your own mind, what you want and like/don't like in various areas that would affect how you interact with a mate. At 18 it's likely that they're still quite new to the complex emotions involved in a serious relationship.

So a lot depends on the maturity of the 18-year-old - and what you both want from the relationship. I think it's too much tbh. There was a thread about a 25 / 37 relationship recently, which I'd say is actually less of an emotional age gap than 18 / 25, even if it's more of an actual age gap.

ReputationRep:
    I still considered myself a child at 18, but you'll never know if you don't try

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.