Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I allowed to be mad/feel used? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so about 3 weeks, my cousin decided to ditch me on a day that I really needed her even though she'd said weeks before and even the night before that she would be there. She didn't bother to call or see me afterwards either but I accepted this because its not the first time she'd done this. We'll be super close for a while then all of a sudden she'll stop answering my calls and messages and make endless excuses about why we can't hang out then months later she'll mysteriously come back and cycle repeats. I decided that she was unreliable and I was not going to attempt to contact her because I am sick of having so many bad friends in my life especially since whenever I confront her, she'll put it down to me being too clingy or overemotional.

She texted me today saying that she needed to stay over at my house for a couple of days (probably because of an argument she's had with her mum) and of course I said that it was fine because at the end of the day I do care about her and won't deny her support if she needs it. I'm just upset that she only decided to contact me when she needed something from me and I also know that if I was in the same position as she is now (which I have been many times), she wouldn't let me stay over at her house because of a stupid reason like "You're annoying" and then would tell me that I should just suck it up. Even though when she's in this situation I have put all my angry, hurt feelings against her aside because I know she needs my help right now.

Am I allowed to mad that she wouldnt do the same for me? And I am justified in feeling used at this moment?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    Your job is a good distraction from this I hear

You are being used i think. and you should be mad, but tbh i commend you for letting her stay over despite all the crap you've had to put up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    You are being used i think. and you should be mad, but tbh i commend you for letting her stay over despite all the crap you've had to put up with.
    Surely if I refused to let her stay, it would just seem like I'm being petty? Besides she's family so...

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Surely if I refused to let her stay, it would just seem like I'm being petty? Besides she's family so...
    it might do, but tbh i don't see why you should let her stay over, especially with her general behavior towards you. it's all well and fine being the good person, but i feel like that would encourage people to walk all over you.

ReputationRep:
    Just because she's family, it doesn't mean she can treat you like crap and expect you to just suck it up. Family can be horrible sometimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.