Listening to the Qur'an, your thoughts?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    was watching some YT videos of the public listening to Qur'an and displaying their reaction (if you want to watch its in the spoiler), so i thought why not ask the people of TSR. I'm not trying to convert you before people start calling me ISIS, just asking for your opinion and thoughts

You dont have to listen to it all, just about a minute or soThis thread is for no debating or dissing Islam, just for your thoughts on the recitation

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's 12 minutes long lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faston2k16)
    Nah it's 12 minutes long lol
    i didnt ask to listen to all of it, just a couple of minutes

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    do they normally sing it? I'm sure if I sung the bible in a language you didn't understand it would sound quite nice too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    do they normally sing it? I'm sure if I sung the bible in a language you didn't understand it would sound quite nice too.
    Its called reciting.

maybe

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to be able to read the Qur'an so I can try and see what all the fuss is about, but they way it's written makes it really hard to read. Isn't there a good translation into English that makes it understandable for idiots like me to read without having to study how to read it for years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    I'd quite like to be able to read the Qur'an so I can try and see what all the fuss is about, but they way it's written makes it really hard to read. Isn't there a good translation into English that makes it understandable for idiots like me to read without having to study how to read it for years?
    Hey

try the 'sahih international' English translation , here it is, you can scroll down to page 29 where the translation starts :

https://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Qur...slation%20.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    yes there are translations of the Quran. its so easy to read it now. you can download translation apps or even websites.

this website it good http://www.clearquran.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Hey

try the 'sahih international' English translation , here it is, you can scroll down to page 29 where the translation starts :

https://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Qur...slation%20.pdf
    Thank you but wow, 798 pages. Would take me forever.

ReputationRep:
    it was going well until 6:29 when my religion was insulted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it was going well until 6:29 when my religion was insulted
    what religon?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.clearquran.com/downloads/...tion-allah.pdf there's a pretty clear translation here in modern english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    what religon?
    go to 6:29

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    what religon?
    Christianity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Christianity
    go to 6:29
    my internet acc so slow lol

Omg
    Surah Rahman is so nice to listen to
    Occasionally in my frees I listen to it

I've only recently started listening and reading the Quran and honestly it's so beautiful mashAllah

ReputationRep:
    Name:  insulting.png
Views: 50
Size:  180.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  insulting.png
Views: 50
Size:  180.0 KB
    oh ok so its the image that offended you, not the text. well you see the person who made the video for the Quranic recitation added that image, not God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    oh ok so its the image that offended you, not the text. well you see the person who made the video for the Quranic recitation added that image, not God.
    peace be with you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.