How the hell do I write a love poem?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The love poems I've read are some of the cringiest things I've ever seen, but, there's a this girl who I've been talking to and guess what? She loves poems. So, for her birthday I've been thinking of writing her one, but I need some advice because I've never written one before and honestly some of the ideas I've been thinking of make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    The love poems I've read are some of the cringiest things I've ever seen, but, there's a this girl who I've been talking to and guess what? She loves poems. So, for her birthday I've been thinking of writing her one, but I need some advice because I've never written one before and honestly some of the ideas I've been thinking of make me cringe.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'll give you this D,
    It's perfect for you.

Then attach a pic of your penis.

ReputationRep:
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Guess what, my bed has room for two

OR

Row row row your boat gently down the stream,
    Merrily merrily merrily merrily
    I can make you scream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'll give you this D,
    It's perfect for you.

Then attach a pic of your penis.
    One of my friends suggested sending a dick pic, but y'know she probably wouldn't like that xD

ReputationRep:
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    My heart keeps me living
    My heart is you.

Even when the roses are dead
    And the violets aren't blue
    You'll still be my life
    Because that's what you do.

How can you not write a poem? C'mon don, think about it.

I legit just thought of the above and hope that it's never been done before.

ReputationRep:
    A love poem needs to come from the heart. Maybe you could look at love songs by artists you like instead of actual poems. It might give you a bit of inspiration.If the thought of a love poem is really making you cringe, you could try adding a bit of humor to it. Someone wrote me a funny poem last year, when I left work, and I still have it now. Another tip if you want to try it is to make it specific to you and her, instead of just a generic love poem that could be written for any girl. I don't if this helped but I hope you manage to write an awesome poem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddle_me_in)
    A love poem needs to come from the heart. Maybe you could look at love songs by artists you like instead of actual poems. It might give you a bit of inspiration.If the thought of a love poem is really making you cringe, you could try adding a bit of humor to it. Someone wrote me a funny poem last year, when I left work, and I still have it now. Another tip if you want to try it is to make it specific to you and her, instead of just a generic love poem that could be written for any girl. I don't if this helped but I hope you manage to write an awesome poem
    Yeah I'm more funny and/or goofy (if that makes sense) than stereotypically romantic (roses, candles and all of that jazz). Yeah, I do need to make it personal because that's what will make her like it, otherwise it's not special. Thanks.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.