Application still pending - will I get rejected? Uni asking for money

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've applied for student finance late in August as I didn't know if I was gonna return to university or not.
    Ive done a foundation degree at Brighton uni for 2 years and passed it, then did a top up degree for 1 extra year but failed so this year I am repeating it but Im scared I will not be eligible for funding anymore.

My university has sent me an invoice to pay £6000 by November 1st for tuition but I'm still waiting for student finance to notify me I they will fund me or not.

What will happen if I get rejected? Will i have to pay 1st term tuition fees to my uni? (Id drop out as I cannot afford it, which will be devastating) baring in mind that it is not my fault if I do not get approved... Theres no way on earth that I could pay even a fraction of that £6000.... Im now so scared!

ReputationRep:
    I had the exact same thing, thinking I was going to go on placement and didn't. I did my student finance in September and it still said Application Pending

I called up student finance and they said I needed to go to student services so the university can formally register me and confirm that I did come back for this year (even though I was registered just not by SFE) so I did and they said they will put my invoice on hold and contact SFE and the next day my Application was approved - I still haven't received the money since I was so late but payments have been scheduled and the tuition fee for this semester was automatically paid and the invoice for my wholes year tuition got sorted out.

Hope this helps :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi Patrix542

You will be eligible for funding to repeat the year of study as you have not used your gift year yet.

Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 2, 2016
TSR Support Team
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.