Please help :(

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year student, studying business management. I have no work experience to put on my CV and I have an avergae of 2.2 from ny last year.
    I have no idea what I should do to get an internship or what sort of work experience should I look for. I am also finding very hard to manage my time at university.

Any advice regarding time management, note taking and finding an internship ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moongirl950)
    I am a second year student, studying business management. I have no work experience to put on my CV and I have an avergae of 2.2 from ny last year.
    I have no idea what I should do to get an internship or what sort of work experience should I look for. I am also finding very hard to manage my time at university.

Any advice regarding time management, note taking and finding an internship ?
    One option could be to ask relatives or parents or any other connections to see if they can get you some work experience at their jobs. I did this and got some very useful weeks out of it where I improved my Excel skills.

If you like coding or think you'd be good at it or it might be useful for the areas you want to do internships, then maybe learn a language or work through a book on a piece of coding?

When you say you find time management difficult at uni, what does this mean? What happens and why do you think it happens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    One option could be to ask relatives or parents or any other connections to see if they can get you some work experience at their jobs. I did this and got some very useful weeks out of it where I improved my Excel skills.

If you like coding or think you'd be good at it or it might be useful for the areas you want to do internships, then maybe learn a language or work through a book on a piece of coding?

When you say you find time management difficult at uni, what does this mean? What happens and why do you think it happens?
    I don't have family in the UK.
    The fear of failing and the thoughts of not getting a job is making me depress and that is leading to poor time management. I have so much stuff to do for university, extra reading, preparing for the seminars and on top of that I have a medical problem due to which I cannot miss going to the gym. I have no experience and everything is making me depress now, think i wanna die :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine, please dont think negatively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysFitin')
    You will be fine, please dont think negatively.
    I am not fine :yes:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.