The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool Medicine 2017 Entry [A100]

Scroll to see replies

They said we wouldn't hear till the end of the interview cycle which was later on in march wasn't it?
Original post by Charlotte5683
They said we wouldn't hear till the end of the interview cycle which was later on in march wasn't it?

Ah! I'll stress less then :smile:
Reply 62
Typically they announce results on the 31st of March. This year someone rang in and was told that it would be 31st at the earliest, probably later.
Original post by Millie-3
Typically they announce results on the 31st of March. This year someone rang in and was told that it would be 31st at the earliest, probably later.

Hi Millie, I see you applied last year and was an offer holder. Had you firmed that offer ? It is just I know a few people who got in last year with AAB.
Do you have to go through the whole interview again ? If so how did it compare to last year?

I am on a gap year too but I did not apply to medicine last year. I have had 2 pre interview rejections this year even though I have 4A* at A2 and a strong UKCAT. I am really hoping Liverpool comes good for me. I was happy enough with the interview although everyone in my group seemed to be happy also.
Reply 64
Original post by PurpleDot
Hi Millie, I see you applied last year and was an offer holder. Had you firmed that offer ? It is just I know a few people who got in last year with AAB.
Do you have to go through the whole interview again ? If so how did it compare to last year?

I am on a gap year too but I did not apply to medicine last year. I have had 2 pre interview rejections this year even though I have 4A* at A2 and a strong UKCAT. I am really hoping Liverpool comes good for me. I was happy enough with the interview although everyone in my group seemed to be happy also.

Why on earth did you get pre interview rejected with those grades :eek::eek:
Original post by medicwannabe15
It depends on interview performance?? Do you not know how medicine applications work?

She/He's talking about a "Pre interview rejection" ... :facepalm:
Original post by nihil_nimis
She/He's talking about a "Pre interview rejection" ... :facepalm:

I got an interview with Liverpool. I got a pre-interview rejection from Cambridge due to the BMAT . Also got one from Bristol as I think my PS was too Oxbridge for them ( Ithink anyway!)
Reply 67
I got an interview with Liverpool. I got a pre-interview rejection from Cambridge due to the BMAT . Also got one from Bristol as I think my PS was too Oxbridge for them ( Ithink anyway!)

Ahh I see, that sucks! Which was your number 1 choice?
Reply 68

That's right :smile: I hadn't firmed them unfortunately. I was set on another uni so I rejected Liverpool and had biomed as my insurance as I thought that since both medicines require 3As, if I don't get into my firm, I won't get into an insurance of the same requirements. It's not until results day that my school tells me that had I insuranced Liverpool there was a chance they could have taken me still.

I did have to go through the whole interview again, for all my unis. The PS was considerably easier to sort out because I only needed to stick on a paragraph at the end saying I would be resitting. Everything else was much the same procedure as last year.

I found I was much happier with the two MMIs I did this year coming out than I had been last year. I find that the extra year of experience made me much more confident and mature. However in the two years I also had my first panel this time round and found that I went atrociously.

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections. Your grades are truly stellar as others have already said. You should be super proud. And stick with your guts. Your instinct is the best judge of your performance. Good luck! Oh and feel free to hit my PM if you have any questions or wanna chat or anything.
Original post by Millie-3
That's right :smile: I hadn't firmed them unfortunately. I was set on another uni so I rejected Liverpool and had biomed as my insurance as I thought that since both medicines require 3As, if I don't get into my firm, I won't get into an insurance of the same requirements. It's not until results day that my school tells me that had I insuranced Liverpool there was a chance they could have taken me still.

I did have to go through the whole interview again, for all my unis. The PS was considerably easier to sort out because I only needed to stick on a paragraph at the end saying I would be resitting. Everything else was much the same procedure as last year.

I found I was much happier with the two MMIs I did this year coming out than I had been last year. I find that the extra year of experience made me much more confident and mature. However in the two years I also had my first panel this time round and found that I went atrociously.

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections. Your grades are truly stellar as others have already said. You should be super proud. And stick with your guts. Your instinct is the best judge of your performance. Good luck! Oh and feel free to hit my PM if you have any questions or wanna chat or anything.

Thanks Millie. It is nice of your school to advice you after the event! To be honest there are plenty of places for biomed through clearing and schools should know this. I know someone who missed their grades last year for Manchester and got their medicine insurance for St Georges. That is probably unusual though and most universities will probably give to those that have firmed them.

Have you got any offers yet ? I am really hoping for Liverpool and my interview was OK but to be honest mine was on the same day as storm Doris and I was tight for time and as a result the wind and I were a bit flustered !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending