How do I move past this?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

So i planned a Christmas party and invited all my friends over (Giving them plenty of time to tell me if there was any issues with the date since people would be starting to head home.) Most of my friends were up for it and replied yes.

One friend didn't. He's the unorganised type so I thought nothing of it and asked him in person. When I asked him in person he told me that I had to move the date because he's probably going to do something on that night (It was the last friday night of term with people heading home on the saturday.) but he hadn't put any thought to it yet,

I don't drink but my friends knew they were welcome to drink if they wanted to, I just wanted to get everyone together on our final night and watch Christmas movies, put some Christmas music on and just generally be together.

He wants to have it at his (He hosts the parties every week) where it'll be overbearing loud music where you have to scream to talk to each other and everyone getting completely wasted.

The reason I wanted it at mine was I knew my friends would be travelling back the next day (Some of them fly back as well) and I thought the last thing they're gonna want is to travel home for Christmas with a massive hangover.

Am I right to be upset? I mean I planned mine first, i figured it would be nice to have it somewhere else for a change. How do I get past this? I can't help being mad at him that he basically told me to move the date of mine so he can throw the same thing he throws every week =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i planned a Christmas party and invited all my friends over (Giving them plenty of time to tell me if there was any issues with the date since people would be starting to head home.) Most of my friends were up for it and replied yes.

One friend didn't. He's the unorganised type so I thought nothing of it and asked him in person. When I asked him in person he told me that I had to move the date because he's probably going to do something on that night (It was the last friday night of term with people heading home on the saturday.) but he hadn't put any thought to it yet,

I don't drink but my friends knew they were welcome to drink if they wanted to, I just wanted to get everyone together on our final night and watch Christmas movies, put some Christmas music on and just generally be together.

He wants to have it at his (He hosts the parties every week) where it'll be overbearing loud music where you have to scream to talk to each other and everyone getting completely wasted.

The reason I wanted it at mine was I knew my friends would be travelling back the next day (Some of them fly back as well) and I thought the last thing they're gonna want is to travel home for Christmas with a massive hangover.

Am I right to be upset? I mean I planned mine first, i figured it would be nice to have it somewhere else for a change. How do I get past this? I can't help being mad at him that he basically told me to move the date of mine so he can throw the same thing he throws every week =(
    That's pretty stubborn of him, but your friends have already agreed to come over to yours so he'll have to get over it if he wants to be with everyone

ReputationRep:
    Friends already agreed to go to yours he'll have to change his or maybe cancel that week

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.