Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am thinking about applying for economics at st andrews but I am having a bit of a dilemma at the moment. I find the uni website very confusing and a bit all over the place to be honest. I am just wondering if they offer internship in the couse and this doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the course catalogue, so I am really confused now because I would like to do a business placement year.

I got 3A*(includes maths) 6A and 3B (bio, geo and french) in GCSE
    A-level predicted A*AA for bio, chem and maths, how likely am I to get an offer??

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Can you link to the website please? What makes you think they offer a placement year and why are you confused? Maybe email and ask?

ReputationRep:
    They don't offer a placement year. That's why it's not mentioned on the School website.

You have a decent chance of getting an offer, but you should bear in mind that it is very competitive. Make sure your personal statement is as good as it can possibly be - they concentrate on this a lot when making admissions decisions.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.